Name of the Project:
WHAT BRINGS US TOGETHER
From 4th of january to 31st of July, 2016
The EVS project will take place in Carmaux. This is a small town of 10 000 inhabitants located in the southwest of France , 90 km from Toulouse, 60 km from Rodez and 15 km from Albi. In former times, Carmaux used to have mostly an industrial activity which has decreased since the last decades. Today the city has been modernized and is now offering the image of a town in the countryside with all required facilities (shopping center, cinema, swimming pool, railway station, cultural centre…) The city is surrounded by an agricultural and rural area. The project will take place in both the rural and urban area along with children, young people, families, including also partners like cultural associations, schools … A car will be at the disposal of the volunteer, but a driving license is mandatory.
Activities proposed to the volunteers:
The volunteer will be welcome within the AJC association team which is deeply involved in non formal education with children, teenagers and young adults. The association is developing 4 kinds of activities: – Preventive actions and fight against school dropout – Multiple leisure activities (outdoor cultural and sport activities, or dedicated projects) – After school education support (primary, middle and high school) – Management and animation of a Cyberbase (an open space dedicated to internet, multimedia and information technology access) The project has a strong educative orientation towards young people. Its purpose is to help developing learning skills, creativity and opening minds The volunteer will be working within the association team and will be involved in all the conducted activities. He/she will also have the opportunity to lead his/her own projects. He/she will also be working, part time with another volunteer hosted as well in Carmaux. Both will be involved in another intercultural project for schools and associations upon rural area.
The volunteer will be involved in the daily life of the association’s team in each of the following domains :
– After school education support with pupils from 6 to 11 years old and 12 to 17 years old
– Animation of projects with teenagers (leisure, cultural activities, sport…)
– Actions to prevent juvenile delinquency and fight against discrimination
– Workshops within the Cyberbase – Etc.
Help social and youth workers in their daily activities with youngs
– Be proactive and bring new ideas and a positive energy to help teenagers in their day to day life
– Prepare sociocultural activities for teenagers in order to make them committed as much as possible toward their local community.
– Improve young people skills by introducing to other languages and sharing of foreign cultures.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
– You should be strongly motivated to work in a social and cultural environment within a team dealing with children and teenagers
– You should ideally be sensible to issues related to citizenship and equal opportunities
– You have a good knowledge of Windows environment, Office applications, and multimedia tools.
– You are able to interact with a lot of people to ensure the right carrying out of activities
– You have excellent communication skills and a strong team spirit.
– You are respectful, tolerant and responsible Basics (B1) in French and driving license is mandatory
(B1) in French and driving license is mandatory
How to apply
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
– Application form
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can attach below with subject “EVS France Calderon Youth. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com