Te informamos que acaba de abrirse de nuevo la solicitud de voluntariado hospital en Grecia, en este proyecto que lleva activo desde hace casi 3 años y que cuenta con una voluntaria española ya allí. Buscamos preferiblemente chicos para equilibrar el género.
|September 1st, 2018 till July 31st, 2019 (11 months)|
Our institution “Agapis” offers treatment, affection and care to people of both sexes with priority those suffering with chronicle illness. It is managed by a Council belonging to the Holy Diocese of Thiva & Levadia. It operates since 1996 in the town center of Thiva.
The working facilities are inside the hospitable 4-floor building with comfortable sitting and refreshing room on the groundfloor. There is a restaurant on the first floor and 30 rooms divided between the 3 floors. The Institution operates in 3 shifts a day.
Volunteers accommodation will be in a multi-room rented apartment (1 person per room), with fully equipped kitchen, bathroom, hallway, common sitting room located in Thiva town.
Food is provided at the Institution facilities cooked by professional cooks everyday and a food allowance is given for breakfast and extra food upon receipt.
There is no practical need for transportation from the apartment to the town center where the Institution is located.
The proposed voluntary services in the Institution include:
a) Caring the people hosted in the Institution according to the daily program with personal care such as facial cleaning and beauty, serving water and food, walking them around the Institution and communication.
b) Creative activities through individual and group activities such as handicrafts, physical education, music, dance, free time entertainment and walking companion to the city.
c) Planning, organizing and implementing activities for public awareness on the EVS program. Updating the webpage and social media with daily activities and news of the institution, design of a leaflet and organize an information/dissemination event.
Finally, volunteers will learn how to apply practical techniques for all mentioned works and will acquire knowledge and skills in social services.
Volunteers will learn how to apply practical techniques for all mentioned works and will acquire and share knowledge and skills in social services. Their daily tasks and dexterities will be recorded in the Youthpass at the end of their service.
Daily activities Schedule:
|Monday – Friday|
|09:00||Arrival at the Infirmary.|
|09:00 – 09:45||– Provide help on lifting and transferring elder to sitting room.|
– Serving water.
|09:45 – 10:30||– Provide help in the distribution of the snack and feeding assistance in sitting room.|
– Provide help in the distribution of the snack in rooms
|10:30 – 11:20||– Preparation of the creative activity with materials and procedures.<br\>– Provide help on transferring elder to activity room.|
– Creative activity implementation.
– Return elder back to their rooms after the activity.</br\>
|11:20 – 11:40||– Break.|
|11:40 – 12:00||– Provide help on transferring elder to dinning room.|
|12:00 – 14:00||– Feeding assistance in dinning room and rooms.|
– Provide help on transferring elder back to rooms and put them to bed.
– Serve water and assist elder to sleeping position.
|14:00 – 14:30||– Preparation of the creative activity with materials and procedures.|
– Collect all weekly activities and document them for creating an archive of implemented activities for public use and statistical use.
– Update the webpage.
– Planning and design the public dissemination events.
|14:30 – 15:00||– Volunteers’ lunch|
|15:00||– Volunteers’ departure for home.|
– 18-30 years old;
– willing to follow the daily program
– capable to create activities with simple materials by using their hands;
– skilled to provide physical education activities;
– open minded, in basics self-independent, responsible and with a strong motivation for international youth work and intercultural communication with elderly persons;
– capable to help in preparing international youth exchanges and activities;
– motivated to learn basic Greek phrases in a short time;
– playing an musical instrument which will be mostly appreciated;
– able to communicate in english.
This project seeks funding by the EU Erasmus+ Programme, European Voluntary Service and according to the rules accommodation and food will be provided by the organizers along with the automated distant locator cost for one return ticket to the venue.
[box type=»note»]We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general ESC (European Solidarity Corps) or EVS (European Volunteer Service).
The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.[/box]
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
[button color=»purple» link=»https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83534036/Motivation%20letter%20EVS.doc» size=»bigger» target=»_blank» icon=»momizat-icon-pencil»]Motivation letter[/button]
[button color=»orange2″ link=»https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqd30j12iat0quv/AAASMnNxA1tknyAl63Y6emnOa?dl=0″ size=»bigger» target=»_blank» icon=»momizat-icon-file3″]Application form Building Bridges[/button]
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.