Rumanía busca un voluntariado europeo profesores para trabajar Craiova, una de las ciudades más bellas de Rumanía . Si lo tuyo es enseñar a niños y jóvenes, ¿ a qué esperas para solicitarlo?.
Además, es una oferta del Cuerpo Europeo de Solidaridad. ¡Únete a las más de 50 personas que hemos enviado con este programa!.
Lee la experiencia de Alejandro como voluntario europeo en Rumanía.
Through this Open Call the organization is looking for Volunteers for the Language project
Type of project: Mobility for youth – European Voluntary Service
15-August-2018 – 15-December-2018
How many volunteers: 5 volunteers in total coming from Italy, Spain, Germany and Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
Deadline: 15th June
Profile of the Volunteer we seek:
Aged between 18 to 30 years
active, open-minded, creative, innovative, responsible and
The volunteers who apply for this project need to like and be
willing to work with youth for 6 months.
The volunteers of this project should, above all else, show
willingness to learn and see their EVS experience as a learning process.
Basic level of English (being able to make herself/himself
understood by the others – able to communicate).
Venue: City of Craiova, Dolj county, South West part of Romania
About the hosting organisation
Our mission is to develop, implement and support youth development programs built around the concepts of lifelong learning, mobility and associativity.
It works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives. The aim of this empowerment is to establish a wide-based community movement which encourages the positive involvement o young people in solving issues which affect them, treating them as resources, not as
MAIN ROLE OF THE VOLUNTEERS
What will I DO in the Language project?
The project will consist of a 6 months EVS group activity whose objectives overlap those of the overall objectives of the project. The EVS activity comes within the context of our strategy to expand inter-institutional cooperation which develops synergies between formal and non-formal education.
This will lead to a strengthening of the quality of educational act that institution provides while generating personal development opportunities for the beneficiaries and volunteers. The activities of the EVS come in direct response to the proposed objectives of the project.
The daily activities that will be organized and implemented throughout the project will directly contribute to the development of skills, competences and attitudes for both the volunteers (through the process of planning, preparing, implementing, working with professional support) as well as the young beneficiaries(as a result of the educational nature and objectives of each non-formal activity).
The activity is set to take place in :
– Theoretical high school
– CN Nicolae
Develop language competences and intercultural awareness for both volunteers and beneficiaries by using non-formal methods.
The implementation phase of the project will be structured in 3 main phases or activities: Preparation, Language and culture development programme and Evaluation, the main activity being the formal Language and culture development programme.
Phase1: The first phase will take place in the first 2 months of the project in which it organizes and prepares the project implementation team, coordinates the pre-departure training; identifies and selects the volunteers; preparation & training mentors; settles details
with local partners.
Phase 2. Language and culture development programme
This project activity will be the core of the project and consists of a 6 months EVS stage for 5 volunteers who will be working on language development in 2 high schools from Craiova and will overlap with the volunteers’ EVS stage. It will start with a 3 weeks long Capacity Building programme. Week 1 will focus on games that stimulate the team building process and get to know each other, project understanding(objectives, roles, responsibilities, activities, rules to be followed) non formal education training(animation module), discovering Craiova (places to shop, cultural landmarks, public transport).The second week will be dedicated to thematic trainings (Language and communication, youth work, challenges in working with the beneficiaries, best practice examples, needs analysis) and workplace induction(visiting and understanding the institutions and their missions and activities, getting to know the staff, roundtable discussions, discussing with the target group, needs analysis application).
The third week will be dedicated to job shadowing (following and observing different staff of the institutions in action, learning by observation while getting adapted to the institution) and developing operational planning (operationalizing the long term objectives, milestones, scheduling, etc.)
The program to be implemented will be:
1. Promoting Interculturality programme: will contain activities such as cultural presentations, workshops on traditional arts&crafts, traditional dances and music
2. Multilingualism development programme: as language clubs in the intuitions and schools that use non-formal methods (games, workshops, movies, songs, role-pays etc.) to help the participant learn or strengthen their ability to speak other languages (English, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese)
The 2 programmes will be implemented in the 2 partner schools after the regular school program has finished. The main method used for the 2 programmes will be the initiation, organization and assuring an activity program for Language and culture clubs where students will come and do different non-formal activities with the volunteer in order to learn about other cultures and improve their language skills. There will be 5 such clubs :
1. Intermediate English language and culture club- for those who already have a good level of English
2. Beginners English language and culture club- for those who are just starting to learn the language
3. Intermediate Spanish language and culture club- for those who already have a good level of Spanish
4. Beginners Spanish language and culture club- for those who are just starting to learn the language
5. Beginners German language and culture club- there will be no intermediate club for German since no students are advanced enough for it
All of the programs and activities will take place after the normal school schedule has finished.
3. Evaluation and follow-up phase will take place in the last month of the project and will be aimed at evaluating the project objectives achievement, the impact of the activities and planning the follow-up activities to the project. In this phase the organization will evaluate reuniting staff, volunteers, mentors, staff of the institutions and other stakeholders.
What will I learn in the Language project?
Our methodology of learning by doing or experimenting learning , places the volunteer at the center of his/her learning process and encourages commitment to it. Each volunteer will have a personalized development plan that targets personal skills as well as professional skills, a mentor to help guide the volunteer and a counterpart to guide him in working with the target group in the working institutions.
For the volunteers we aim to contribute to their P&P development, targeting the acquisition of the following competences:
– learn how to identify personal needs of beneficiaries and institutional needs and plan accordingly
– learn how to lead and organize language and culture clubs
– learn specific youth work methods and non-formal teaching methods
– build up skills in the area of youth work and non-formal method. Achieved through planning, designing and implementing activities and programs with the support of us and the professionals from the institutions.
– practical skills gained from working directly with youth along side professionals from the partner institutions.
– Learn and develop competences such as planning and evaluations, working with deadlines, working in the NGO sector, social communication learned practically by working together with the staff of us in developing plans(short term, long terms),
– learn how to use non-formal games and methodologies to facilitate development in others
– learn to use animation and games to keep youth motivated and engaged while also teaching them something
– learn how to work with different stakeholders with different profiles and objectives
– Gain community management skills by forming and activating clubs in the field of languages and culture
– learn to speak and understand Romanian Language but also other foreign languages(of their peer volunteers)
– done directly by weekly language tutoring , indirectly by contact with target group, friends etc.
– live and practice the core EU value
– learn how to interact and manage in another culture while in a multicultural environment.
– gain and develop skills such as team work, leadership, interpersonal communication, planning, goal setting and working with deadlines by working, planning and evaluating activities in an intercultural, highly interconnected and participatory managed team which will create the proper setting for acquisition of this skills.
– learn how to be more tolerant, flexible and adaptable – living and working together with others and also their type of work will require the volunteer to develop such abilities aided by the mentors
– develop their self-confidence, reflection, and increase their personal autonomy.
All throughout the learning process and the project you will be assisted by the our team and a personal mentor in managing what, when and how you learn all these skills.
At the end you will receive a Youthpass certificate which is a European Instrument for recognition and certification of skills acquired in EVS
Practical Arrangements & Financial aspects
Travel: we will purchase flight tickets while the Sending Organisation will to make sure that the volunteer is well informed, has all documents and gets safely on board.
Local transport: will be covered by us, upon arrival they will receive info on how to use public transport, a map of the transit lines etc.
Accommodation: we will host the volunteers in rented apartments in the city of Craiova.
Each accommodation will assure good living conditions (private beds, equipped kitchen and bathroom, heating system, running cold/ hot water, Wi-Fi).
Working programme: working hours are flexible and adapted to the schedule of the target institutions and is usually 3-4 hours/day in with the youngsters and 1-2 hours/day for preparing the activities.
Each volunteer is entitled to receiving 2 free days/week (typically weekends but in case that an activity requires work on the weekend the volunteer will be free in the next days) and a total of 12 days of vacation in the project that you can use as you want.
Language support: The volunteers receive Romanian language lessons 2 sessions per week for the first 4 months and 1 session per week for the rest of the project.
Communication: each volunteer will receive a Romanian SIM cards for mobile phones which will be recharged monthly
Financial aspects: International travel, local transport, accommodation and utility fees, monthly communication costs, costs related to activities are covered directly by us.
Monthly food allowance: 120 euro/month
Pocket money: 60 euro/month
What support will be available during your EVS?
The mentor will be responsible for the general personal support of the volunteer. They are in charge of solving practical problems arising being the “first line of support” available. They will be the volunteer’s go-to person for any personal problems as well as being responsible for
guiding the volunteer through the learning process. The mentor will be there to help you identify learning needs and opportunities, help you plan your learning process and help in the self-evaluation.
The counterparts (staff from the schools – teachers/professionals)-that will be supporting the volunteers in the actual implementation process of the activities. They will provide the volunteers with professional support in delivering their activities.
Additional support will be offered by us in the form Preparation, Adaptation and Training programme which is a programme designed to transmit all the necessary skill and abilities for the project focusing on skills and abilities building programme, providing them with methods, tools and materials that will support and facilitate their activities in the project.
How to apply
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject“EVS_Iovu Romania.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”