Sve lituania medio ambiente
Lituania, ese país maravilloso desconocido ofrece varias plazas de voluntario europeo en un parque regional con este voluntariado europeo sobre medio ambiente en Lituania. ¡Sigue leyendo para empezar a soñar!. ¡Participa en este voluntariado medioambiental!.
Se busca una chica ya que debe compartir habitación con otra chica.
BIRŽAI is a town situated in the North of Lithuania, in the county of Panevėžys, 66 kilometres north of Panevėžys. It lies about 200 kilometers north of Vilnius and about 100 kilometres south of Riga, the capital of Latvia. In the district of Biržai, the northernmost point of Lithuania is located (at latitude 56º27‘ N).
There exist various theories theories as to how Biržai got its name. According to one, its name may be derived from Lithuanian word beržas (birch): in ancient times, this territory was covered with forest dominated by birches. Others believe that the city has its name from Lithuanian word biržė (line, boundary), as it lies near the Lithuanian-Latvian border.
One of the oldest cities of Lithuania, Biržai has an over a five-centuries- long history of being granted the status of city. The city lies at the confluence of two rivers, Apaščia and Agluona, and on the shores of two lakes, Širvėna and Kilučiai. The city’s history is closely associated with the Dukes of Biržai, members of the Radvila (Radziwiłł) family, who resided at their castle fortified with bastions and ramparts. In the middle of 19 th century, the Count Tiškevičius (Tyszkiewicz) family also left a deep imprint on the city’s history. The city boasts magnificent churches: St. John’s the Baptist Church and Evangelical Reformed Church. Biržai is a place where people avoid uttering a common swearing expression: ‘Kad tu prasmegtum!’ (Literally: Be swallowed by the Earth) even to a foe because it may come true. Circulating ground water may dissolve gypsum, sandstone or dolomite bedrock, gradually forming spaces and caverns known as sinkholes. The total number of karst formations in the district is estimated to be more than 9 000. It is a place where local people cherish their traditional knowledge of using mineral resources for healing purposes and of brewing beer.
Total area of the district of Biržai: 1,476 sq. km. Population of the district of Biržai ( in 2014): 26 473 residents, of whom 11 666 and 14 807 lived in urban areas and rural settlements, respectively.
In 1589, the King Zigmantas Vaza (Sigismund III Vasa) granted to Biržai the city rights under Magdeburg Law and a privilege to use a coat of arms. On a field or, a flying flag argent on a brown staff is depicted. On the flag, a black eagle, with legs and beak or, and claws argent, is displayed. The coat of arms is enclosed by a laurel wreath. The coat of arms carries symbols that indicate the eminence in the field of battle and the high title of imperial prince of the
Dukes of Biržai and Dubingiai line, and the authority of the Radvila family over the city. The coat of arms of Biržai is unique because of the antique laurel wreath. In Grand Duchy of Lithuania, only members of the Radvila family were granted the title Reichsfurst (Duke) of the Holy Roman Empire and were entitled to display the laurel wreath on their coat of arms.
Activities are foreseen from 2018 March – 2018 October (8 months)
Project EVS introduction
In Biržai the main role of volunteers in the organization will be assistance or helper as the volunteer wont be professional. The activities in which volunteers will be involved: working with tourists – children, families, youth in visitor center and in all regional park territory; help organizing various events; also volunteers will help to implement international projects.
For this project there are planned 2 volunteers in total from:
1 from Spain (priority) or any other EU country
1 from Georgia
Main activities in the project:
The activities in which volunteers will be involved:
The activities in which volunteers will be involved:
1. Working with tourists in visitor center and in all regional park territory. During tourism season (May-September) volunteers will be able to help specialists to meet visitors, assist in excursions
2. Every year park specialist’s carry out visitors monitoring. Four days per month (in summer season) it is needed to count all visitors in 4 mostly visited places.
3. Helping in nature monitoring. Every year park specialists have to check reserves in regional park territory. Participating in these activities volunteers will learn more about rare species and habitats. Every year we need to monitor some species, so after learning to recognize, volunteers could monitor them. Also every year we need to monitor sinkholes, so volunteers could monitor them too.
4. Biržai regional park participates in various projects, so volunteers could help organizing various events in park territory; also volunteers could help to implement international projects, their activities.
5. Biržai regional park has to organize some events in regional park or in Biržai town. Volunteers could help organize events about regional park, also they can organize an event about themselves, to present their country, culture and so on.
6. Several times in a year specialists are going to other regional or national parks in all Lithuania to change experience about work. Volunteers will be able to participate in meetings, show knowledge about Biržai Regional Park and introduce their selves, their country and Erasmus+ programme.
7. Specialists also need a help in the office. All ideas are welcomed, especially about education programmes, excursions, brochures, web page, Facebook page. During winter season there is a need to make or renew brochures, leaflets, maps, to create new education programmes, excursions.
8. Biržai regional park has to make presentations, lessons in schools. Volunteers can make an integrated lesson about Biržai regional park in English/Russian language in schools in Biržai, Rokiškis, Kupiškis and Pasvalys districts. As Biržai regional park is located or has some reserves in these districts.
Requirements for volunteers:
To be interested in nature and work with visitors.
To have a wish to create cooperation with other organization and be ready to create common activities.
To have good communication skills.
To have ideas and practice in organizing hikes and implementation of other activities.
To be able to speak English (Russian language would be preferable).
Willing to learn Lithuanian language, dicover culture and nature, to create friendship with local community.
Other EVS activities
Other activities of volunteers:
– teaching hosting organization's staff English or their native languages;
– organizing events about themselves, to present their country, culture and so on;
– stimulation of cooperation among various organizations in Biržai;
– organizing events in Biržai town. Volunteers will help organize events about regional park, also they can organize an event about themselves, to present their country, culture and Erasmus + possibilities for the local youth.
Volunteers will be encouraged to publicize their activities, learning outcomes, insights.
Activities will help volunteers to develop as personalities and gain skills in social care and youth activities. Most of the youngsters volunteers will work with are very vulnerable and it will be very important to forward the example of international volunteering and its advantages in young person’s life.
Food and accommodation is free. A monthly allowance of 110 euros will be given to the volunteers. They will cover the travel cost according to the rules of the Erasmus + Programme (from Spain 360€). You will need to keep the receipts and the boarding passes. The health insurance will also be covered by the organization.
Lithuanian Language course will be organized by the CO. It will be free of charge for the volunteer. Its frequency will be 2-4 hours/week (40 hours in total).
Telephone and internet: Internet will provided in the working (not living) space, free for the volunteer. Mobile SIM cards are provided by the CO and charged 3 euros/per month
Volunteer Allowance: The volunteer will receive a monthly allowance of 90€/month – pocket money, according to the Erasmus programme guide. The payment will be made to the bank account.
Accommodation: The volunteer will live in the town of Biržai in a shared flat/shared room with common areas and facilities (kitchen and bath) and basic house equipment.
Local Transport: All local trips related to the project activities will be paid by CO.
Insurance: Insurance is provided according to the Erasmus+ youth rules.
Working hours: 36 hours per week, 5 working days, 2 consecutive days off per week in a row.
Holidays: The volunteer will have 16 days at her disposal (=2 days*8 months).
How to apply
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Lithuania Vilma Park Birzai. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com