Title of the EVS project:
Meeting Point Saxony II
Dates and place
Starting date: 6th of January 2017
Location: Dresden, Germany
Duration of the EVS: 12 months
Age: 18 – 30 years old
About the project
Hhosting organisation provides young people with opportunities to use their soft and professional skills and to be part of its team focused on topics such as: History and Remembrance, Culture, Arts, Urban development, Creative & Green Economy, Entrepreneurship, Cultural and Creative Industries.
For this EVS position the volunteer is expected to:
• have excellent English language skills (on the level C2 or native English)
• proofread articles, subtitles, texts in English
• do research and write articles and texts in English
• assist the project coordinator in facilitating training courses, seminars and non-formal learning activities
• assist the project coordinator in fundraising (applying for EU Funding Programmes e.g. Erasmus+, Europe for Citizens, Europeans for Peace)
• have very good knowledge of using social media (facebook, twitter, instagram,), creating blogs
• have very good German language skills is an asset
We are looking for motivated people that are responsible and they are willing to work in a multicultural environment with the main aim to learn how a cultural NGO works and contribute to the organisation’s development. The volunteer will acquire experience in NGO and project management, event management and research.
Applicants should send us their CV in English and preferably in Europass format including a photo via email to email@example.com and also some examples of their texts, articles, thesis that should be in English. Please send us also a motivation letter answering the following questions:
1. What are the reasons that I would like to volunteer in our organisation
2. Why I would like to join the EVS (European Voluntary Service)
3. What ideas I have that I would like to share with and realise during my EVS in Germany
How to apply
Building Bridges users and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Germany Polackova. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com