Romania is looking for 1 EVS male volunteer from Spain, Greece, France, Estonia or Turkey to join our already started project title KIDSLAND and the group of 9 volunteers that are already in Sighisoara.
The project topic is Creativity, Art and Culture and the main target group – kids.
15 March 2016 to 1st of September 2016 (6 months) EVS period
4th March 2016
Description of KIDSLAND Project
KIDSLAND is an EVS project that will have a true impact of the EVS volunteers, participating organisations target groups and all relevant stakeholders. It will take place in Sighisoara, Romania, involving 10 participants, 2 from every sending organisations. Out of these 10 participants, 2 will fall under the category of participants with fewer opportunities.
The applicant and hosting organisations is Wild Carpathia, while the sending organisations from Spain, You in Europe (Greece), SEIKLEJATE VENNASKOND (Estonia), i-PEICC peuple et culture (France), ASOCIACION BUILDING BRIDGES (Spain) and Canakkale Koza Genclik Dernegi (Turkey).
The context of this project is given by the fact that many youth from the countries represented in this project (those young people who fall in the category “Neither in education employment or training – NEET) have difficulty in entering the labor market. They are expected to have work experience, recommendations from previous jobs and practical training that they are not able to accumulate from the formal education system. After the completion of any form of education, each year spent outside the labor market can determine a lower motivation, a lower confidence in their competences and in others, a growing disinterest in the community that seems to have abandoned them and a loss of the basic skills acquired in school, by not exercising them.
On the other hand children in kindergartens and children coming from disadvantaged social and economic backgrounds have difficulty in acquiring age related competences. For the 10 EVS volunteers that will be part of the EVS mobility in Sighisoara/RO, the objectives of KIDSLAND includes:
– The acquisition of those basic skills necessary for a better transition from school / unemployment to active life (including the labor market);
– The acquisition of those basic skills useful for resource persons interested in getting actively involved in the sending organizations;
– The acquisition of basic skills required for a manifestation of solidarity with those in need. The main activities of this project include 4 sets of activities:
1) creative workshops to manufacture useful materials in capitalizing the stories, games and songs for children in the countries of origin of the EVS volunteers. Examples of METHODS: story cubes workshop, puppets workshop, masks workshop, board-games workshops, workshops to create other objects that can be used in storytelling.
These workshops can be done in two manners: the first one just in small groups of EVS volunteers or the second one, including the children from kindergartens.
2) creative workshops addressed to the children in which the volunteers will explore the support objects previously created. Examples of METHODS: theatre workshop, storytelling workshop, singing and dancing workshops, crafts workshops, games workshops, improvising workshops, etc.
2) STORYLAND PLUS: personalizing the walls of kindergartens with drawing/pictures representing some stories and cartoon characters from the countries of origins of the EVS volunteers; creating some wooden/ cartoon models of cartoon characters from the countries of origin of the EVS volunteers, or of universal cartoon/stories characters that the kids can paint afterwards; creating a Toy Library or improving the existing one, etc. Examples of methods: painting and drawing workshops, fretwork workshops, crafts workshops, etc.
3) HAPPYLAND: the EVS volunteers, with the support of Sighisoara City Hall and of the local volunteers, will identify children coming from disadvantaged social/economic backgrounds and will develop local solidarity campaigns in their favor. Until the end of the mobility, the volunteers will create an online support system (for example a blog or a Facebook page) for fundraising, mainly locally, both online and offline for this category of children. Examples of METHODS: fundraising campaign, online and offline promotion, crowd funding campaign, public events and presentations, etc.
4) HAPPYLAND PLUS: the EVS volunteers will organize one to one activities (1 EVS volunteer – 1 child coming from a disadvantages social and economic background), for example they will take them to the cinema, theatre, concert for children, playground, citadel, sports, etc, to increase their confidence and their self-esteem and to show them a more bright side or life that they could not fully experience due to their precarious situation. The main results of the EVS volunteers will be the competences that will help them integrate on the labor market. As far as the children included in the target group are concerned, the main results in their case will be the improvement of their lives and the acquisition of some age related competences. On the long run, we hope several organizations will be inspired by this project and will get involved in several similar initiatives.
Venue, Living & Volunteering Conditions
During the stage the EVS volunteers will live in Sighisoara city, in shared flat, shared house, in a youth hostel or student dormitory, minimum 2 and max. 4 persons in one room. If the volunteers will have any special personal needs concerning the accommodation please let me know as soon as possible in order to analyze the situation and check available opportunities. The city is not so big so they will be walking to get to the office, at the medical cabinet or at the place where they will organize the activities. The accommodation place will have all the necessary elements, bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and wi-fi. We will provide you with bed sheets, pillow and blankets but please bring your own towels.
Sighisoara is located in the historic region of Transylvania. Central Sighișoara has preserved in an exemplary way the features of a small medieval fortified city. It has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Each year, a Medieval Festival takes place in the old citadel in July.
Food & Pocket money
For food the volunteers will receive 100 Euro/person/month. Monthly allowance will be 60 Euro/person/month.
What to bring
We suggest you to bring with you your laptop, warm winter clothes, an unlock mobile phone in case you want it to be able to buy for yourself a Romanian sim card, towels, traditional stuff from your country (food, sweets, presentation movies, etc.), special medicine if you need. Transport For Greece, Turkey, France and Estonia we have a maximum of 275Euro/person for both ways. We suggest you to find the best way of transportation and also check the prices, every cent over this amount will be on your own. For Spain we have 360 Euro/person both ways. Please contact me before buying the tickets. If you need our help please let me know and we will look together for the best solution. The closest airport to Sighisoara is Targu Mures, from this airport we will pick you up by car. Second airport recommended is Cluj Napoca, from here you must take a train to Sighisoara. Third is Bucharest, capital city of Romania. From here you also must take a train to Sighisoara. Working hours, days off and holidays The volunteers will work 5-7 hours/day, 5 days/week. They will have the week-ends free and extra 2 days holiday after working 30 days.
The communication language will be English. Romania has this kind of power socket. If the volunteers will have some special needs please let us know. For the selection of the volunteers we will need: – Personal CV with picture (made in the last month) – Motivational letter – A special letter “My best friend”- describe your best friend in max.1500 words.
A Learning Agreement will be signed with each EVS volunteer and will include the learning process plan and some administrative aspects at least one month before the starting of the voluntary stage.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: email@example.com with subject “EVS Kidsland Romania. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME”.