01.09. 2016– 31.08.2017 (12 months)
The EV (European Volunteer) will work in the department of Red Cross Luxembourg. The department is responsible for the management of 5 centers for children from age of 2 months – 4 years and of 12 centers for children from age of 3 years to 12 years. Those childcare centers are responsible for the extracurricular education of children. In total 2.200 children are subscribed in the centers.
In this project the EV will have the opportunity to coordinate the production of a newspaper made by children for children. The EV can improve his/her competences in the field of IT-skills (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop), project management and pedagogics. Due on the international population of Luxembourg, the EV has the possibility to practise the French, German and English language and to get an impression of the different cultures living next to each other. The mobility possibilities are very good, the EV can travel to France, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands often beneath 1 hour.
The volunteer will be accommadated in a single flat of 2 rooms (living room and bathroom) of around 30 squatre meters. The flat is fully equiped with a kitchen, a bathroom and a laundry. The flat is located in the same building as the office in an old mansion in Bertrange, Luxembourg.
The fees for the food an the transport are included in the pocket money. The travel fees to arrive from the volunteers home country to Luxembourg and back are reimbursed, fully or partly, by the funds of ERASMUS+.
– to collect the articles and the photos of the children
– to be in permanent contact with the educators in the childcare centers
– to support the children in producing the articles
– to coordinate the publication of the newspaper with the print office
– to develop in ADOBE InDesign the design of the newspaper, you will be supported by a graphic designer
– to promote the EVS
The EV should be able:
– to coordinate autonomous the project, with the support of the mentor
– to have facilities to work with external and internal partners of the project
– to be organised in order to coordinate the different project moments
– between 18 and 30 year old
– to have good IT-skills in the software MS-Office
– good German language skills
– to have a blank police record
– to have facilities in contact with children is an advantage
– to have a valid driving license category B is an advantage
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15.06.2016 with subject “EVS_Bertrange.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”