Voluntariado europeo en Lituania para trabajar manualidades con madera y discapacitados, con todos los gastos pagados por Erasmus+.
Volunteer will live in Vilnius
We need: 1 volunteer from Building Bridges
10th September 2017 – 10th July 2018
About hosting organisation
Our organisation „Atelier of Treasures“ is waiting for you to be a part of our community together with adults with mental dissabilieties, craftsman, social worker and lithuanian volunteers.
We work in a team and wish to live a full life working and celebrating. Wood atelier is in a beautiful village 10km from the capital, where we come each day to create things from wood.
Tasks of volunteers
The main task for the volunteer is to assist people with special needs in their daily work: to teach the rythm of work, to help them in oder they would be able to make things by themselves, to work together creating wooden things, to eat together, to spend time together in the celebrations, festivals and camps.
Also, to help arrive to the atelier from home and to assist in coming back.
- To participate with disabled people in all the activities of the wood atelier 9-16h, Monday-Friday: such as assistance in the arrival-departure, educational and work sessions, cleaning processes and etc.
- To help the workers to organize various handicrafts, free time activities and gardening workshops for disabled people.
- To participate together in different community festivals, markets, outgoing trips, retreats, summer camps; to be the accompanying person for disabled people when they go to basketball match, concerts, theatres, cafe in the city (working days and also during the weekends).
- To take part in the “Maisto Bankas” (“A food bank“ is a non-profit, charitable organization that distributes mostly donated food to a wide variety of agencies that in turn feed the hungry.) action: to give flyers to the customs and sort the donated food in the shop, to sort and store the products in organisation.
- To take part together with Lithuanian volunteers in seminars and meetings held by hosting organization or its partner organisations.
All tasks can be discussed with volunteer to find the best way for volunteer and organization. Any initiative of volunteers will be encouraged and supported to help our organization to develop.
Open-minded, active, self-organised, sociable, with some artistic skills, diligent person. The candidate have to be able to work with small kids and adults creatively. Volunteer has to have an interest in arts sphere (maybe he/she likes visual art, music, literature and/or other arts forms). Basic computer skills would be a virtue.
You will live in the flat together with other volunteers in Vilnius. You will have lithuanian language courses and assistance in your non-formal learning process.
Your volunteering service is paid by EU (travel, insurance, language courses, accomodation) and you‘ll get 80eur of pocket money each month and 100eur food money.
A coordinator will be there for you to answer all your questions and help you when you need!
Working hours and days off:
- 9-16h Monday – Friday (working hours of the wood atelier) + once a week (or as agreed with the supervisor) 1 hour meeting with the supervisor.
- The days off are when the disabled people are absent and the activities are not held: 24 December – 4 January, 3 days before Easter, public holidays and other occasions.
- Volunteer will have two consecutive days off per week.
- The working days on the weekend are not compensated with extra days off, because there are additional days off according to the activities as explained above.
- The volunteer has 2 additional free days per month, and this means, as project lasts 10 months, the volunteer has 20 days for holidays that can be divided into smaller periods (depends on personal agreement with the volunteer and the hosting organisation).
- The holidays couldn’t start earlier than after two months volunteering in organisation.
- About the decision to go on holidays the volunteer should inform his mentor not later then 2 weeks before.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
All documents written in english you can send to: email@example.com with subject “EVS Lithuania Lubiu.YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” ” .