from first week of December 2015 to 30 November 2016 (12 months) in Palermo, Italy.
Volunteer will be involved in activities connected with the management of our network at local and international level. As example, volunteer can be involved in supporting our staff in:
– management of our Facebook pages with professional/business profile and support to awareness campaigns;
– organization of workcamps and youth exchanges in Italy and abroad;
– organization of trainings and seminars in Italy and abroad;
– selection of participants in international seminars and trainings;
– contact with offices of Juvenile Justice
– short training days on volunteering for young offenders
– writing, submitting, managing international youth projects
– book-keeping, accountability and reporting local and international projects
– organization of promotional events/days on volunteering and/or international mobility
Those interested will also have the possibility to actually volunteer in local youth centres for teenagers and kids or in supporting local Eurodesk Infopoint.
We are looking for a volunteer who is open-minded, who is not willing to do EVS just to have fun in a sunny country and who is willing to learn aspects of the life/environment/projects of an NGO working with and for young people.
We need volunteer who is flexible about time management but still able to fulfil in due time assigned tasks.
Previous experience in international voluntary sectors (workcamps) is a plus but not a must.
Basic knowledge of Italian language will facilitate volunteers in their life and work.
Deadline for applications:
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the middle of September.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.