No sabes en qué invertir tu tiempo… y otros están esperando a que alguien dedique su tiempo a ayudarlos. Eso es lo que sucede en un SVE. Hoy nuestra propuesta es Italia, donde puedes participar en un voluntariado europeo en medio ambiente. ¡Dona tu tiempo, voluntarízate!
01/03/2016 – 1/11/2016
Sernaglia della Battaglia (Treviso), a village in the province of Treviso (Veneto region), on the left riverbank of the Piave
Its major goal is the promotion of healthy lifestyles and sustainable development, involving directly the local community. We have been cooperating for years with social-rehabilitation centres, schools and other organizations in order to engage the entire population and to create a network of so different people brought together by the same love for the environment. During the last six years we hosted volunteers from international and national work camps and EVS volunteers, creating a cooperation network for the enhancement and preservation of natural sites and the promotion abroad of the ideas and values of hosting organisation.
The main objectives of this project are: to spread the value of environmental protection, to promote active citizenship in the community, through the concrete example of EVS volunteers, to develop creativity and entrepreneurship as a solution to youth unemployment, to promote solidarity and tolerance among people.
The selected volunteers are between 22 and 30 years old and they come from Russia, Bulgaria, Portugal and Spain (members of Building Bridges). Our volunteers have proved strong interest in the objectives of our association and in the project, ability to adapt to different conditions of life and work, willing to learn the Italian language and culture and keen to follow a different lifestyle, compatible with the environment protection.
The project activities will be programmed together with volunteers. They will be encouraged to share their ideas, according also to their own knowledge and skills, thus avoiding the passive learning, for their personal and social growth. Volunteers, in addition to learn Italian language and culture, will have numerous opportunities of non-formal learning through group works, discussions, simulations, exchanges of experiences and good practices, hiking, learning by imitation, brainstorming, presentations, ….
The main activities are:
– UPKEEP and IMPROVEMENT of Fontane Bianche oasis and of the path Volpere;
– PROMOTION of the TERRITORY: advertising and promotional multilingual information;
– ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION IN SCHOOLS AND SUMMER SCHOOL;
– GUIDED TOURS
– PUBLIC EVENTS AND INITIATIVES: creative and practical assistance in the organization of events, new proposals;
– INFORMATIVE STANDS AND COLLABORATION WITH OTHER ASSOCIATIONS: participation in the events of other organizations, dissemination of the association values and EVS project;
– LANGUAGE COURSES FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS.
It is expected that this project will promote volunteering and active citizenship directly through the participants and indirectly through associations and people involved at two levels:
– first: the concrete activities of the volunteers, as opportunities for mobility and for the acquisition of social and relational skills, useful to find employment.
– second: the promotion of volunteering in the area as an expression of active citizenship that helps youth aggregation, brings them closer to the rest of the population and encourages them to participate in the community decision-process.
Volunteers will gain a better environmental awareness and learn to face critical situation at global dimension. They will become promoters of the Legambiente’s messages even in their countries.
The effort of the volunteers will be very helpful for the association to improve our natural protected areas, to increase the CEA ‘s educational activities and to create new projects useful for all citizens. It is hoped that the presence of young Europeans will place further attention to the respect and enhancement of the environment and will encourage our young people to participate in these kind of experiences to grow, to know and to learn.
It is expected to increase the number of Italian volunteers involved. All the associations involved will also be encouraged to strengthen their partnership and to promote similar activities in their respective countries, creating a network of European activities. Our highest goal is to spread an example of sustainability, awareness and no barriers, from the Environmental Educational Center to their countries and that this “positive explosion” will last.
How to apply
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges” and specify which project is the one you are applying for
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Italia Piave Environment. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com