From: 05/09/2016 To:31/08/2017
In hosting organisation , the volunteer will have the task of encouraging international mobility among young people, participating in the construction of European projects for all sectors of the structure and animating European projects for thehosting organisation centre. For instance:
– Organizing and taking part in international youth exchanges
– Organizing English debate groups
– Welcoming European artistic companies
– Searching for European funds
During EVS, the volunteer can discover the structure with a phase of observation and knowledge of different sectors (parents’ coffee, “ciné blabla” with teenagers, the homework help, sports activities…).
The volunteer will animate with the permanent staff animation time with young people, to network and develop projects with them (debate groups, sports and leisure activities, commitment and citizenship youth network).
The volunteer can propose new ideas for activities he can implement alone or with the team, according to his/her skills.
The Centre provides and acts around an unifying project that includes the following objectives:- Supporting and accompanying social actions and sharing creative and cultural broadcasts.
– Continuing and developing services for local people and in general for the inhabitants of Poitiers (workshops, open rehearsals, loan of rooms, events, reception center for activities and youth…), with a particular emphasis on actions in the street («Lez ‘ Arts in the street», Christmas party, neighborhood party, festival A l’Ouest …).
– Responding to social problems, expectations and demands by developing and strengthening the social bond (a discount card for cultural events, inter-sector work, a mobility-transport center…).
– Supporting associations and residents who wish to organize events (loan of rooms, support for the creation, support for amateur activities …)
-Making The hosting organisation Cultural Centre a located place, where the inhabitants of the district and from outside can come (programming, creation and artist residencies, artistic workshops).
The organization of the center:It is a recognized animation centre, active in the development of social life. It is a nonprofit organization (Law 1901).The center is organized into 5 cultural sectors, allowing a better distribution and management of projects, coordinated by two people in charge of two large areas.
1) Cultural area:Family sector/ neighborhood life: implementation of collective actions or outputs towards families and residents.Childhood sector: creation of a recreation center for 3/6 years-old children, a toy library, a reception room for parents and children, a recreation center without accommodation for 6/11 years-old children and a childcare support for primary schools.Youth Sector: recreation center for 11/15 years-old teenagers, coaching for over 15 years for social integration and collective actions, a childcare support for middle schools.Cultural Sector: programming concerts, shows and creation spaces with cultural mediation. As well as amateur practical workshops.
2) Social area: creation of a community grocery, of a group of health – leisure and and of a mobility pole with its associative school car and rental of two wheels.Thehosting organisation Socio Cultural Centre has an educational team of 24 permanent employees and 60 volunteers.
The volunteer has his/her own accommodation or is in a house shared with other EVS volunteers.
(S)he receives monthly money for food and pocket money.
The volunteer has a bus card to travel on all the bus lines in Poitiers.
The volunteer will be trained in the screen printing as well as in the technical manufacturing process of a micro-edited book. (S)he will be also trained to the documentary techniques used within the structure (processing of documents, cataloguing, digitalization, on-line publishing of the collection).
On-arrival and Mid-term trainings organized by French National Agency.
The volunteer must be someone open and curious. He is motivated, interested in the project and especially able to propose ideas. His/her position as an European volunteer is something important for local young people in terms of practices exchange and language skills. The volunteer will work in team for cultural activities and support of individual or group projects with young people. According to his/her skills, the volunteer could propose workshops about cultural practices.
A pre-intermediate knowledge of French language in required.
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) and skype name
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can attach below with subject “EVS France Poitou Dare New Horizons. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME» to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com