May 2016 – December 2016. But if we really want to work with a volunteer we can discuss/change the time or duration.
The volunteer will always be of support to the host organisation’s staff and own volunteers. (S)he will never take care of activities which involve her own responsibility. The foreseen activities and tasks are:
To such purpose:
(S)he will learn methods and management tools of a non-profit organisation,
(S)he will acquire capacity and expertise in social marketing and communication,
(S)he will contribute to the study and the promotion of the voluntary service, health and training,
(S)he will support the staff and the Basak Culture and Art Foundation volunteers in the promotional activities (cultural and entertainment events, concerts, ceremonies, contacts with the media, weekly updating of the website and bimestrial realisation of the newsletter),
(S)he will collaborate with the staff in the organisation and in the training of the management, in the various phases of meeting organisation (preparation and materials distribution, tutoring and welcome people),
(S)he will periodically contribute to the organisation of events aimed at promoting the association and its activities,
(S)he will contribute to the promotion of EVS learning and solidarity opportunities among our association volunteers
(S)he will contribute to the realisation of public events of the association (stands, demonstrations) and blood donation promotional events
(S)he will search for bibliographic material and file it,
(S)he will help the secretary by updating the archive, by conducting statistical analysis,
(S)he will promote a major awareness of the international voluntary service by offering and receiving some information on the voluntary service and its maintenance.
– Participation in the social activities of the association. Take part in the association’s inner life: assembly of the members, meetings, informal gatherings on specific themes. The volunteer will participate directly in these meetings and will have the opportunity to get involved in the debates and in the decisions.
– Personal project. Having considered the curriculum of the volunteer, it is crucial for our volunteer to have his/her own ideas for her personal project to be organized and lead with the association’s support. A project which can contribute to the activities of the organisation with the local community’s youth, children and women. The volunteer can also suggest other ideas which will be discussed together with the tutor.
– Language course. The volunteer will take a course of Turkish language one day per week.
– Brochure of the project: Towards the end of the project, the volunteer will create a personalized brochure in which (s)he will present her experience and the activity that she has done.
Expected learning outcomes
The various activities will allow the volunteer to gain new knowledge, skills and competences, which will complete her initial personal training and capacities. In particular, the learning objectives are:
– capacity to understand and use the mechanisms of active participation in the civil life of the community
– Her/his contribution will put in contact the foreigner volunteers with the young people living in the area in an easier way. (S)he will also help the association and its partners in keeping contacts with their countries. Her/his presence will let us know her country, its culture and traditions, enriching the projects and the association activities.
– The volunteer could take advantage of the formation activities and therefore enrich her/his knowledge on adults and young people education.
– awareness of the presence of the EU and of the legislation inspired by the EU in our everyday life
– open-minded attitude to face issues from different points of view
– skills and competences in the field of health and assistance
– managerial and organisational skills and relational abilities
– capacity to communicate in a new language
– critical sense and capacity to reflect upon the experience abroad
The volunteer will meet the tutor regularly to evaluate the project and the learning objectives. At the end of the project, the volunteer will receive a Youth Pass that will describe the activities and the learning achievements.
Practical arrangements (working hours, days off per week, holidays, food, accommodation, local transport)
The volunteer will work 5 days a week, approximately 7 hours a day. (S)he will have 2 days off per week. In case of special events, the volunteer can be asked to participate more than usual but will be able to make up the extra-hours the following week, according with the tutor. For each month of activity, the volunteer gets 2 extra holidays. These extra 2 days in every month cannot be transferred to another month. So, the volunteer must use their extra 2 days in that month. The volunteer and the tutor will agree when to take the days off.
(S)he will receive money for the food that she/he can cook by herself in the house. Next to all this, the volunteer will get pocket money.
The volunteer will stay in a house which (s)he will share with other EVS volunteers. The house is very close to the foundation and it is also in a suburb of Istanbul which is a conservative neighbourhood.
Being close to the target group is a principle of the organisation and it also applies to the EVS volunteers.
Profile of participants
We are just looking for someone who has experience or interest for art or art workshops.(seramic/painting / music/instrument/cinema/
How to apply
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Istambul Basak. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com