The Cooperative operates mainly in Sardinia in the Mental Health; intends to pursue the general interest of the community to human advancement and the social integration of citizens with social unrest. People with mental illnesses arouse fear and prejudice in others, often based on stereotypes about mental ill health, increases so personal suffering, social exclusion and can impede access to a dignified life and the labor market. Mental ill health are a growing problem worldwide. For these reasonsCooperative present the project “Mental Health for All”, aiming at the pursuit of common goals such as the development of solidarity, health promotion and social inclusion. Young people will face the experience of EVS operators assisting operators, educators and assistants in social care structures managed by the Cooperative for the Local Health System, located in a few km from the city of Cagliari. Each structures hosts 6/8 psychiatric patients in residential, with specific rehabilitation projects.
The aims are to promote and support initiatives for the affirmation of a culture of inclusive community, hospitable and generous, by listening and relationship with others; promote active participation in society; promote social inclusion and raise awareness of mental disability; increase cross-cultural awareness; promoting active citizenship. The inclusion of young people in training course structured and unstructured, allowing them to achieve the following objectives: to improve the skills and language skills; acquire new technical skills, social and relational; to learn through ” learning by doing “; to develop and to improve skills such as initiative and problem solving skills, to improve its ability to work in teams and acquire an expertise useful to the professional level, as well as ethical.
The project has a duration of 8 months and will involve 4 volunteers, from Spanish, Portuguese, Egyptian and Croatian Organizations. Volunteers will be chosen ensuring gender equity; of these two volunteers involved in the project have the fewer opportunities (Cultural differences, Economic obstacles and social obstacles).
– Training: initial, for the volunteers to arrival (the first week);
– Language: Italian language course from Monday to Thursday for 1 hour per day;
– Daily activities: coaching to the experts operators in the various daily activities in residential structures for the mental illness, 30 h per week including lunch shared.
In the Daily activities are included:
– recreational activities in the afternoon: 4 hours per week;
– sports activities: 4 h per weekly;
– extra free activities.
In the project it is also planned:
– monitoring activities through questionnaires in the middle and end of the project and the preparation of a final report;
– promotion of the project;
– mentoring for 1 h weekly;
– reinforced tutoring.
Accommodation and meals
Accomodation and meals are covered at 100%, the travel will be covered; there is a pocket money of € 3.83 per day per monthly. It is guaranteed, the bus ticket and a monthly fee of € 45 for meals during the freetime.
The working methods used will be based on active observation , on ” learning by doing ‘, to learning by active partecipation in the activities and the transfer of know-how arising from the field work; in this way the volunteers will accrue skills and abilities useful to a future work and strengthen the sense of European citizenship. Through non-formal learning volunteers will increase their awareness of illness – as a different from the health – and develop practices based on the positive notion of health itself.
The expected impact on the volunteers provides to the recognition of the importance of voluntary experience and the acquisition of the values such as tolerance and solidarity; the creation of a stable network of communication between partners; the search for new opportunities for the European exchanges.
The impact on the local communities, involved in the project, will stimulate greater attention and sensibility to the needs of youth volunteers and on the opportunities that exist in the European context. The hospitality of young Europeans in our region will stimulate the sensibility to the young to distant and different culturals creating a virtuous circle , social and ethical.
In order to achieve a lasting impact, the Cooperative will organize initiatives at the local level, such as seminars and training activities with the aim of spreading the educational content of the project and discussion forums involving the participation of all the protagonists of the project (young volunteers, tutors, patients, mentor, stakeholders, target groups, partner organizations).
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.