Requerda! Envia tu solicitud para este proyecto solo si estas realmente interesado y tienes disponibilidad para salir 1 de Marzo.
01.03.2016 – 30.06.2016
Secondary School in Dabrowa Bialostocka was built in 1962. The teaching staff support and cooperate with each other. They are open-minded, tolerant and friendly people. There is a friendly atmosphere at school. The school consists of secondary school, vocational school and secondary school for adults. It has several active pupil’s organizations: scout team, theatre group, volunteers’ organization, school newspaper.
The school is situated in a small town Dabrowa Bialostocka ( about 6,000 inhabitants) in north-eastern Poland. It is not an industrial region of Poland but it is a very calm and peaceful place located near the Biebrza river. It is a popular place for activities such cycling, canoeing, sailing especially in the summer. Volunteers will be able to visit nearby cities ( Bialystok, AugustA3w, Suchowola – the centre of Europe). There is the Culture Centre and the cinema here. Volunteers can participate in informal education offered by non-government organizations ( e.g. Youth Initiative Group – they support disabled peoplea and local environment; Occupational Therapy Workshops -they work with disabled people; scout team; the Culture Centre ). They can develop their sport activities ( e.g. handball, football, volleyball,bowling alley ).There is a boarding house in our school and there are prepared places for volunteers. They will live and work in the same place. It is provided full board in a school canteen. The volunteers can also use the kitchen.
With help of the volunteers we want to exchange ideas from the working field and establish contacts with the foreign organizatons. We hope that cooperation between young people will be inspiring for the volunteers and youngsters. We would like to develop in our students such attitudes like tolerance, respect for other people’s variety and dissimilarity and being more open-minded. Volunteers could bring a fresh perspective and enthusiasm to our project.
Tasks and activities
– organizing sport activities for students (competitions, trainings, events ect)
– supporting handball activities
– animation in the school (during school breaks, making events, workshops, school newspaper)
– creating language clubs
– collaboration with cultural center connected to interests and possibilities of volunteer: supporting informatics lessons for seniors, plastic, music, craft, theatre
– collaboration with local kindergarten
– polish lessons
– someone with sport interests
– someone with strong motivation and willingness to improve animation skills
– someone ready to work with different target groups (kids, youth and seniors)
– own initiative is welcome
– someone who is ready to live in a small, local community (in Dabrowa lives around 6000 people)
How to apply
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included. We give you creative ideas about how to create a good CV in English.
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15.02.2016 with subject “EVS_Dabrowa_Bialostocka.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”