Si deseas vivir en el extranjero, trabajar en un entorno internacional y adquirir experiencia en el ámbito de la juventud, entonces esta es tu oportunidad de Servicio Voluntario Europeo en Dinamarca!
Location and dates:
Over Bækken 1 E, 5792 Årslev
Next volunteer period: 1 September 2018 – 30 June 2019
Deadline for application: 18 March 2018
Number of volunteers: 2
The application deadline is the 18th of March 2018.
Description of the project
is an acitivity and recreation center, located in a former farmhouse in the heart of Sdr. Naeraa, Aarslev. Here everybody is welcome to come and participate in different kind of activities or initiate interest groups and organize various activities, such as music groups, theatre, creative work, courses and training etc. Furthermore, children and youngsters, with a minimum age of 10 years, are welcome to spend their leisure time in the center in order to follow their interests and hobbies.
The children and youngsters are supervised by minimum two adults and Husmandsstedet also invites parents to keep close contact with the center in order to keep up with their children’s well-being. More than 150 children and youngsters take advantage of Husmandsstedet, and each day about 40–60 are visiting the place.
- open-minded and social
- basic knowledge of English is necessary
- has initiative
- creative approach
Volunteering at the project
- working creatively with the children
- social contact with the children: playing games, motivating them to new activities or just being there for them and having a chat, etc.
- the children are from 10 years and upwards, many of them teenagers
- the volunteer will be present during the opening hours of the centre and work under the supervision of his/her contact person
- the children will love to try new things and the volunteer is invited to come up with his or her own ideas
- Husmandsstedet is situated in a rural area – 20 minutes from the city of Odense
- the volunteer will be living with a host family or at a boarding school
Activities for the kids at the project
- a workshop/studio open for all kind of creative works
- a music room that can be hired and used as a rehearsal room
- a computer room with computer games and internet
- kitchen / café offering sandwiches, fruit, drinks, etc.
- various rooms can be used for meetings, workshops, etc.
- the former small barn is often hired for events. (i.e. gymnastics, drama, concerts, yearly Christmas market, private parties, etc.)
Adults can initiate and organise new activities and advertise them in Husmandsstedets information folder. The current activities vary according to the wishes of the users.
How to apply
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to email@example.com with subject “EVS_Denmark Arslev.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”