Te traemos otra oportunidad de SVE (Servicio Voluntariado Europeo) esta vez en Bruselas, en un proyecto con discapacitados a partir de septiembre de 2016 con todo incluído
From september 2016 for 1 year
We are working with disabled people, in the French speaking part of Belgium, in Brussels.
We are used to welcome foreign volunteers in our organization, with or without the EVS program. Hosting organisation is an international federation of people with and without disabilities, who live and work together in small houses and in a day center.
The mission of us is to provide disabled people an integration of quality and a development of their human competencies.
These persons live in family-like houses and most of them go to the day center, where they are doing all kind of activities such as craftwork, sports, activities of expression like wooden work, sewing, mosaics, making candles, cooking, gardening, swimming, walking, circus, music therapy, painting, all type of relaxing activities….
The houses of hosting organisation in Brussels and the day care center are located in Etterbeek (part of Brussels) close to the historical center and European institution. It’s of course an urban environment with many facilities like public transport, shops, sport, and leisure places.
Briefly the role of a volunteer:
- being a “friend“, but not only…. having also a role of authority
- supporting/teaching/educational’ role
- Being “a good listener,” not necessarily a therapist
As part of a team, the volunteer shares his responsibility with employees and other volunteers of various ages, with different cultural and social backgrounds
In the day center: 9:00-16:00
- Support of disabled people in their daily activities
In the houses:
Support of disabled people in their home life
7:00-10:00: Wake—up, prepare breakfast and domestic work, celebrations, birthday parties
16:00: Tea-time and caring o the hygiene of disabled persons
18:00: Prepare dinner
20:30: Night activities (leisure, sport, culture etc…)
The volunteers from the day center activities are hosted in the volunteers’ house. They share the common places but they have a private room.
The volunteers in the houses have their own private room in the same house where they are working.
Every month, a general indemnity and food indemnity are given to the volunteers who are working in the day center.
During work days, the volunteers share a warm and complete meal with disabled people at their work place. But during the weekends, volunteers of the workshop prepare the meals on their own.
The volunteers who are working in the houses have only a general indemnity because meals are provided there every day.
Every volunteer gets:
- Tutor-following and evaluation
How to apply
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Belgium BXL Volontaires . YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com