De 01/08/2017 a 31/07/2018
The hosting organisation works with youngsters with disability. The volunteers work in 3 areas:
1. 2nd volunteer (arriving in Oct): Residential group: The residential group consists of eight children and youngsters with a various degree of disability. The volunteer supports the residents in the organization of spare time activities and everyday life.
2. Spare time activities on weekends and during holidays:
The entity organizes spare time activities for children and youngsters with disabilities living with their families. On weekends and during holidays they can attend activities at our centre.
3. 1st volunteer (arriving in Aug.): Don Bosco School for children and youngsters with mental or learning disability. The school offers children and youngsters with mental and learning disability the possibility to attend a school
is located in a small community a few kilometers outside of Ravensburg. The volunteers live and work in this small community and should feel comfortable with it. The volunteer has an own small fully furbished apartment.
The volunteers take part in all EVS seminars.
First Volunteer: 01.08.2017 – 31.07.2018
Second volunteer: 01.10.2017 – 30.09.2018
– From an EU country
– the volunteers should not have a degree or education in the field of social work, psychology or pedagogy – we would like to encourage youngsters without experience in the field of working with disabilities to apply.
– motivated, interested, open
Building Bridges users and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Germany Doris Disability. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com