Fechas y lugar voluntariado escuelas Waldorf
We are looking for two volunteers to our school. One will work in kindergarten and second at school!
we are looking for volunteers for school year 01.09.2018-30.06.2019.
Deadline: 10 January 2018
It realizes preschool, primary school, and comprehensive secondary education programs.
Studies are implemented according to current educational standards for the Republic of Latvia, and Worldwide Waldorf pedagogical study plans.
During the learning process, the student develops a versatile and harmonious personality, and is able to think and act independently and able to take responsiblity for their actions.
The curriculum of the school is designed in a way which allows the student to develop his intellect and emotions, and it also allows him to strengthen his will.
Following Waldorf pedagogy, the methods in the kindergarten are rhythmic – the tasks regularly change from rest to work, and also follow the changes in the seasons. In the kindergarten, the children paint, draw, form, knead dough and bake bread, help to make breakfast and lunch, set the table, tidy up, and do many other jobs that are practical in everyday life.
In addition, there are many different creative circles in our school: dance, film, photography, cooking, sewing, sports, science, and languages. We also have an orchestra.
Tareas del voluntariado europeo
Volunteers in our kindergarten/school will have the unique opportunity to learn about Waldorf pedagogy. The knowledge of Waldorf pedagogy and its principles will help EVS
Volunteers in their daily work and when working with colleagues. They will also learn all about Latvian culture.
We would like to host 2-3 volunteers per academic year (10 months) because this is an appropriate amount of time for becoming integrated in a workplace and a community. A shorter time period would not be as effective. We would be glad if the EVS volunteer would be able to bring some of his/her own national traditions to their service. We would like learn about autumn activities, Christmas/Winter celebrations and winter activities, about¡ spring/Easter celebrations, summer activities, etc. from Volunteer countries.
The most important work for volunteers in the kindergarten will be creating connections and lasting relationships with children. It means spending time with the children during games and activities, as well as during free time. Volunteer duties will be both pedagogical and practical:
– The volunteer will help the kindergarten staff to prepare for a variety of celebrations, for example, s/he will find songs and games with certain themes, s/he will make different decorations, etc. S/he will be involved in the organization of daily games. We would appreciate if s/he would offer his/her own ideas and creativity.
– The volunteer will go outside with the kids, and will look for a variety of interesting natural materials that could be used for decorating or for making art etc. It is important that the volunteer is creative – s/he does not necessarily have to be a trained artist, but should have a willingness and interest in trying new things.
– S/he will be involved in the kitchen duties, preparing meals, and washing up and cleaning, because according to Waldorf pedagogy all the duties that are done in the kindergarten should have an educational aspect – because the children learn from everything they see.
We teach the children to be responsible by modelling tidiness and cooking skills together with them.
– S/he should support the various children’s activities – painting, singing with the children, telling fairy-tales. The volunteer should also help to put the children to sleep.
– The volunteer should cooperate with the parents and staff in ‘maintenance days’ that are organized by the kindergarten, during which the kindergarten territory is refurbished and renovated and tidied.
In school, the volunteers will work with children of all ages (7-18 years). In the morning the volunteer will generally spend his/her time in the classroom where s/he will help class and subject teachers in their teaching and educational work, s/he will assist the teacher during lessons, organize active rest during breaks, and also will help as a teacher-assistant. In the afternoons, the volunteer will generally be involved in activities that suit his/her own interests. S/he will be able to take initiative and share his/her ideas, for example, about art, dancing, singing, sports, and handicrafts. The volunteer will participate in the student parliament, where s/he will express her/his creativity and organizational skills. S/he will also participate in the teachers’ college, where s/he will help to organize various activities, and s/he will participate in the school life and in daily event planning.
If the volunteer wants to teach her/his native language, games, music, or sports to the children – then we will support him/her! This will serve as a cultural exchange, and for example we would ask the volunteer to prepare information about his/her country, whichs/he will present in various creative ways.
local community where the activities will take place
Ādaži is a fast-growing and active region. It consists of 12 villages; the largest of those are Ādaži, Kagada, Baltezers, Garkalne, and Stapriņi. The administrative center of the village is located in Ādažu village which has 6 thousand inhabitants (and is growing every year). Ādaži is situated 25 km away from the state capital Rīga and connects easily with public transportation.
The Ādaži region has an active cultural life. Both young and old take part in various groups, clubs, teams, and organizations. A wide variety of concerts, theater performances, holiday celebrations, lectures, exhibitions, and other events are organized in the region. There are different amateur groups in the cultural house: choirs, ensembles, and dance groups for various age-groups. There is a sport center in Ādaži. There, one can visit the swimming pool, the gym, take part in aerobics and martial art trainings, and also play table tennis. The community is developing and changing rapidly, and it would be difficult to include every activity that is available. In short, the Ādaži region is vibrant and growing, and it is a popular place to live for those who like to have plenty to do without living in the capital city.
Cómo solicitar el voluntariado en hospitales
Building Bridges users and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject:
“EVS Latvia Adazu. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com