Seguimos con ofertas de Servicio Voluntario Europeo de verano con una oferta SVE muy especial. Se trata de la oportunidad de pasar tres meses en Francia durante el verano gracias a un proyecto de restauración de un albergue juvenil en el que participarán voluntarios de varios países. ¿Quieres ser tú uno de ellos? ¡Sigue leyendo!
28.06.2016 – 22.10.2016
Le Mans, Sarthe, Pays de la Loire, France
Hosting organisation is a non-profit making organization which develops environmental and inheritage conservation projects, through different actions and publics: inclusion work, training work, voluntary work and other actions of sustainable development in rural areas.
A group of 8 European volunteers and 2 French volunteers will be hosted. This team will take part in the enhancement of the natural and building heritage.
The volunteers will have the chance to work on tree counties ‘Sarthe’, ‘Mayenne’ (in the region of Pays de la Loire), and ‘Côtes d’Armor’ (in the region of Brittany). The volunteers will travel and spend time outside their lodging location for several week camps. That will be the opportunity to discover local culture and people.
The team of volunteers will take part to several kind of activities :
A/ Technical activities: environmental and inheritage conservation, restoration of a pond, organization of a local festival, creation of a collective garden … (others activities are being built).
The activities will be supervised by the technical leaders of the organization.
B/ Educational activities: Raising awareness on environmental issues and local heritage (with schools, local population, visitors …), link with the local actors.
The team of volunteers will be supervised by the professional technical leaders on all supports which involved specific skills. The volunteers will work from Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week. The volunteers will have days off between the activities.
Young workers’ hostel, Le Mans, Sarthe, Pays de la Loire :
Location : city center
Dates : 2 weeks in august
Accommodation : Collective rooms in a young workers’ hostel : http://www.flore-habitatjeunes.org/logement.php
Project : Creation of a collective garden
o Creation of wood planters/flowers
o Creation of garden furniture
B. Educational activities
o Develop relationship with local population by working on various technical supports.
o Preparation of multicultural events
o Enhancement of European voluntary experience with schools, local population, young workers etc…
o As part of the cultural exchange, volunteers will take part to the cultural programs with local community.
2 French volunteers and 8 European volunteers
Period : 22nd June – 15th October 2016
Being a volunteer requires the appropriate profile, commitment, sense of responsibility, open minded and availability for the whole duration of the project. Willing to live a collective experience.
The volunteers will have to deal with a mixed group of different nationalities and create relationships with local communities.
A first experience in volunteering would be a plus as well as knowledge in the conservation of heritage. Interest for Interest for French language and culture.
Profile of participants
- Interested in the various topics of the project : heritage conservation, environment, European citizenship, social inclusion
- Willingness to live and work as part of a European voluntary team (it’s a 3 months project, that means the volunteer is an integrated part of the group, he will have to take part in all the collective tasks (cooking, cleaning, etc)).
- Interest in intercultural experiences, curiosity
- Physical ability and interest to do outside work.
- The candidate must be available the month before his departure in order to have a preparation carried by your organization. The following points will be approached during this meeting:
O Waitings, needs and feared
O Intercultural training
O Present the mission
O Give the EVS info kit
O Give information about Youthpass
- Willingness to develop links with the local population, to meet new people…
- Willingness to work and live both in urban and rural areas
- Willingness to discover the culture and the French language
- Very important :
O EVS is not cheap holidays but volunteering… If you can insist about this point and explain what is volunteering with all your interested candidates, it would be perfect !
O The volunteer has to know that he will sleep in tent during half of the project and Brittany is not always sunny, even in summer…
Accomodation, transport and food
Accommodation in “Le Mans city”, and in “Pays de Bégard”: 2/3 persons shared bedroom in ‘home for young workers and youth hostel’, all facilities, internet access…
European Voluntary service allowance: about 115 €/month
A car will be provided for work trip and also for leisure activities on weekends and holidays.
There are many things to do around, check out yourself :
How to apply
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Lucie France Summer 2016. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com