Arad is situated on the West part of Romania, 50 km far from Hungarian border, being the 13th biggest city of Romania, with around 200.000 citizens. In the past Arad was called “little Vienna” because the architecture from the center of the 2 cities were quite similar. The river that runs through the city is called Mureș.
The project is structured on 2 successive EVS stages lasting 5 months, each. Priority will be given for those unemployed or with low incomes.
OBJECTIVES and ACTIVITIES
Project main goal is to provide a learning experience for 16 international volunteers, by doing activities favoring the social inclusion of disabled people, especially those suffering from mobility disabilities.
The project’s objectives are:
– Developing transferable competencies for 16 volunteers, coming from the Czech Republic, Italy, FYROM and Turkey hosted within the framework of EVS youth mobility for 5 months;
– Promotion of active participation of locomotion disabled people from Arad to social and cultural life during 24 months;
– The development of cooperation between 5 youth organizations from the Czech Republic, Italy, FYROM, Romania and Turkey on volunteering, youth participation, support for inclusion of locomotion disabled youngsters/adults during the project.
In order to achieve the above mentioned objectives it was designed a program of activities conducting to learning outcomes for volunteers and staff involved, as to increase the level of inclusion of disabled people and to raise awareness for all the youngsters involved. Within the project we will host 16 international volunteers, coming from 4 countries.
The following activities will be done in Arad during the stages:
a) Accessibility for disabled people campaign in Arad and raising awareness within the society concerning the importance of this issue in towards social cohesion;(photo, video, promoting through social media, organizing events, meetings, blogging etc);
b) Promotional activities in favor to active participation of disabled people to social and cultural life from Arad (flash-mob, Live Library events, theater plays etc);
c) Support actions and promotion of parasports in Arad (organizing para-sport events);
d) Educational activities in special care centers from Arad, with disabled children such as: drawing, board games, handcrafts, chess and musical games;
e) Interactive workshops for language classes and intercultural learning activities with youngsters from social care centers from Arad (Căminul Social Arad and Occupational Therapy and Integration Center „Tabacovici”).
When designing program activities we used non-formal education methods for your benefit and for other people involved in the activities in order to maximize the impact of the project in the life of the participants.
Please have a look at one video done by our Spanish volunteers:
Accommodation –2 persons/room, with access to a bathroom (common), a kitchen (common) and other utilities. Meal – you will receive a monthly food allowance so you can arrange your own meals. Local Transportation – you will receive a monthly tram ticket valid on all tram lines. Internet – youwill have access to internet.
LUGGAGE – WHAT TO BRING:
It’s not necessary to take a big luggage, because you will have the possibility to wash your clothes. Take whatever you consider necessary. Bring your own: – Towels; – Laptop (if you have one); – Hair-dryer; – Medicine (if you are on a specific treatment).
HOW TO GET TO ARAD:
Your destination is the city of ARAD and you have several possibilities to get here:
1. TIMIȘOARA AIRPORT – Situated 60 km from Arad; – In case you arrive here a member of the association will be in the airport waiting for you and will take you to your accommodation place.
2. BUDAPEST AIRPORT – Situated 260 km from Arad; – In case you arrive here, a driver will wait for you and take you to Arad, to your accommodation place where one of the members of the association will wait for you. The driver is from a company specialized with airport transfers, so they are professionals.
3. ARAD TRAIN STATION – You also have the possibility to arrive to Arad by train.
4. ARAD BUS STATION – You can come to Arad by bus if you are traveling from countries such as: Spain, Italy, France, Germany etc. 5. ARAD AIRPORT – We do have an airport here but there is only one active flight: Milano Bergamo – Arad, twice/week.
How to apply
Building Bridges users and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Romania Temerarii. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com