No te pierdas esta oportunidad de voluntariado en Portugal con niños y medioambiente donde podrás participar en actividades con niños, colaborar en la organización de actividades culturales o promover actividades de concienciación ecológica en la comunidad local.
Si te interesa, puedes ver otras becas y voluntariados en Portugal aquí.
Place: Ermesinde, Portugal (very close to Porto).
Dates: 1 September 2018 – 28 February 2019.
The general aims of the project are to buildan open society to pluralism, interculturalism, tolerance, protection of the environment and all other European values. From this idea we define our next general objectives:
– Promote the knowledge of other cultures, foment the dialogue, intercultural and intergenerational learning, as well as dealing with difference;
– To increase the skills, knowledge, attitudes and methods for the social inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities (including refugees, asylum seekers or migrants) by improvement their personal development, involvement as a citizen active in society and employability in the European labour market;
– Stimulating young people’s critical thinking and initiative;
– Aware the young people of the importance of volunteering;
– Support the professional development of workers in training and youth sector by innovating and improving the quality training and youth work throughout Europe through non-formal and informal learning methods;
– The promotion of Sport, Environment and Multimedia as educational and inclusion tools;
– Foment the creativity with new methods and actions aimed at promoting good environmental practice;
– Endow the young with new personal and professional abilities for the organization/participation in cultural events;
– Encouraging the participation of young people in the democratic life of Europe;
– Promote the agreement of the young Europeans, contributing for the establishment of communication networks and partnership.
The tasks to be performed by the volunteers, will depend on his skills and knowledge, and will be adapted to the profile of each one of them, however, the activities that we consider appropriate in view of the general objectives presented:
– Activities designed for children between the ages of 6 and 12, where they can organize, such as workshops / ateliers giving the culture of the country of origin (music, gastronomy, traditional games, painting, crafts);
– Visit local schools and associations to promote informal talks with the aim of sharing their experiences as participants in youth exchanges and volunteering projects, sensitizing the local young people to the importance of participating in these opportunities;
– Collaborate in the organization of cultural activities that are part of the annual activity plan and commemorations of thematic days;
– Collaborate with the coordinators of environment management in monitoring the rivers and local biodiversity;
– Collaboration in the awareness campaign for the collection of canine waste in public spaces;
– Collaboration in the awareness campaign for the non-placement of garbage in public spaces;
– Promote and collaborate in the organization of campaigns, conferences and lectures about nature conservation;
– Develop sport activities in the local community;
– Produce graphic material (PWP, Videos, News) for local, national and European impact through its publication in social networks and other media within reach of the 4 organizations.
For this volunteering project we will have 3 volunteers and are intended to be young people with fewer opportunities, with social, economic and / or geographical difficulties (including refugees, asylum seekers or migrants), and that have a profile that is characteristic and adaptable to the tasks proposed. They should be dynamic, versatile and demonstrate a capacity for autonomy and a taste for teamwork, presenting characteristics of communicative, available, flexible and creative nature.
Volunteers should demonstrate interest at working for the community in general, including in the areas of work with children and young people, sport, multimedia, for the protection of nature and cultural.
Volunteers should be motivated to learn a foreign language (Portuguese) and be aged 18 to 30 years old.
The hosting organization has a crucial focus on streamlining and organizing vacation camps, workshops and seminars under themes such as social inclusion, gender equality, employment promotion, dissemination and sustainability policies of green economy added to the development of retraining and promotion of the green areas of the parish.
It is characterized by an active participation in collaboration and institutional, financial and human support to different associations of the city, responsible for the development of different types of animation, cultural and human enrichment, close to local communities and its action groups. It should be noted the constant concern in the support and development of support systems for young people, as part of its professional valorization and development of youth and personal skills. In view of the foregoing, the organization feels the increasingly urgent need for dissemination and awareness of all young people to the importance of a global and European society, contributing to the search for a more inclusive and cohesive society that will motivate the citizens to play an active role in democratic life, to promote social integration, improve intercultural understanding and to promote sustainable development and green citizenship.
During the project, the volunteers will be accommodated in Council own installations, in particular rooms with outdoor space, having an individual or shared room and a common kitchen and bathroom.
The food will be managed by the volunteers, which will be performed monthly or when the effective need of it by the volunteers in collaboration with the Council. All issues related to the specific food requirements of everyone will be saved. The food confectionery shall be the responsibility of the participants, fostering a spirit of shared management.
The national currency in Portugal is Euro. We will provide a food allowance (150.00€), covering also the holiday period, to the volunteer(s).
POCKET MONEY: 150.00€ per month.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
[button color=»brown» link=»https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqd30j12iat0quv/AAASMnNxA1tknyAl63Y6emnOa?dl=0″ size=»bigger» target=»_blank»]Motivation letter and application form[/button]
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject “EVS Ermesinde, Portugal. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME”