Te traemos para Italia este voluntariado en Polonia sobre artesanía de la mano de una organización que trabaja con temas de educación, jóvenes y artesanía.
The project will start from March or April for 12 months.
pre-departure training provided by Building Bridges
trainings privided by coordinating oranisation
Volunteer tasks are:
– supporting the implementation of ongoing projects in Association: Preservation, Promotion of Polish Traditional Basketry and The Master of Basketry, part of which is: making documentation, protection and popularisation of basketry
– communication with our partners and collaborators from abroad, searching for new partners helping in writing a project bids in the theme of basketry and intangible cultural heritage
– promotion of the Association’s basketry exhibition «Viva Basket!» among museums and another institutions in Europe
– perform other tasks connected to the association’s strategy of revitalizing basketry as a field of craft
– promotion of the volunteering in the local community
We would like to involve two EVS volunteers as a support for enriching our knowledge and competences.
The project responds also to current local and international situation – declining tolerance between cultures and the big disinterest of young people in the creative way to spend their leisure time. Project aims to show young people positive meaning of cultural diversity through daily contact with volunteer from different culture.
We believe in the important input and effect that the international volunteers exchanges have on the youth. Being a volunteer in a foreign environment implies a self growing and learning process that changes the way young people perceive the world and other cultures (overcome cultural differences and mental barriers).
First of all the proposed EVS project clearly fosters young people sense of European Citizenship, in the meaning that it allows the volunteer to take initiatives, culturally experience others and raise awareness about themselves. Due to the 12 months EVS placement, many stereotypes about Poland and Polish culture should disappear from the mentality of the youth workers. As for overcoming long lasting narrow minded ideas about a nation, the best way is to meet, deal and interrelate with the people from this nation.
EVS volunteers will take part in the activities that Association organizes, one of the main target and tasks being to provide important information about different national and international possibilities to the local community, such as local or international volunteering.
The project «Volunteers develop basketry» hosted by Association will take place in Cieszyn. We would like to host two volunteers one from Czech Republic and one from Spain for a period of 12 months, starting from January 2017.
We want our volunteers to become part of our organisation and local community, so local people can experience how important and rich is cultural diversity and tolerance are and how single point of view can lead towards lack of acceptance of others, different and unknown.
We would like to involve volunteers in the current activities of Association. Association’s aim is to protect traditional occupations and for couple of years has been concentrating on basketry. The volunteers will realize our goals which are: practical protection of crafts, especially basketry, increased interest in issues of cultural heritage, revival of the environment focusing on craft: manufacturers, scientists, artists as well as providing a platform for future cooperation, opening new prospects for promotion of crafts.
Building Bridges users and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
[button color=»purple» link=»https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83534036/Motivation%20letter%20EVS.doc» size=»bigger» target=»_blank» icon=»momizat-icon-pencil»]Motivation letter[/button]
[button color=»orange2″ link=»https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqd30j12iat0quv/AAASMnNxA1tknyAl63Y6emnOa?dl=0″ size=»bigger» target=»_blank» icon=»momizat-icon-file3″]Application form Building Bridges[/button]
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Poland Mariola. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com
Ya hemos enviado a más gente para hacer voluntariado en Polonia, lee sus experiencias: