Cuerpo Europeo Solidaridad en Italia con el Programa Erasmus+ en el ayuntamiento de Padova (Italia) con todos los gastos pagados.
Para ver más ofertas del Cuerpo Europeo Solidaridad en Italia aquí.
Padova, Province chieftown of the Veneto Region (North East of Italy) is a multicultural city of more than 200.000 inhabitants, among which many immigrants from all over the world. Padova offers to youth many encounter possibilities and rich cultural occasions. The city hosts the second oldest University in Italy which counts more than 60.000 people enrolled, including students from other Italian regions or other countries.
The Erasmus Association is very active in town, and works to favour encounters between Italian students and foreigner ones: the occasions for the hosted volunteers to meet their peers coming from different socio-cultural backgrounds will be frequent. Padova is also a remarkable tourist destination due to its abundance of artistic and cultural heritage and the proximity with the city of Venice.
is situated in the historical down town of the city of Padova, at the Altinate/San Gaetano Cultural Centre, which hosts the homonymous auditorium and the municipal library.
Giovani also has at its disposal another operative office situated in area of the city close to the down town: the Toselli Youth Point.
from October 2018 to July 2019 (10 months)
Volunteer ‘s Main Activities:
- linguistic tandem learning with young Italians or mother tongue foreigners
- intecultural language workshops in the local schools of the city of Padua
- users support
- testimonies about the voluntary service during meetings with student delegations in schools or universities.
- support educators in after-school activities
- participation to the implementation of mobility projects
- cultural events organisation
The project activities will involve the volunteers mostly in the following service areas:
• Linguistic Area
• Animazione Area
• Europe Corner Area
• Tandem Language Learning between Italian and foreign youth to deepen or improving mutual linguistic knowledge.
• Workshops in the local schools: the volunteers will hold intercultural language workshops in several schools of Padua. Thanks to the long cooperation between Progetto Giovani and local schools, volunteers will develop, with the teachers, various lessons and workshops for the students of 3th- 4th-5th classes of high schools. These workshops will be held in the volunteers’ mother tongue, or in English, and the main topics will concern European dimension and citizenship, their own countries (traditions and customs) and the other topics of school subjects.
participation to guidance seminars and meetings addressed to youth (target of the Erasmus Plus
programme – in particular secondary schools students) bringing testimonies of their EVS
• organisational support for the activities of the hosted Youth Exchanges,
• support in the dissemination of the possibilities addressed to youth in the EU countries in the areas
of volunteering, education, job searching and leisure.
• organisational support to the street animation staff to promote city events, cultural initiatives, (concerts, exibitions, etc.) involving youth.
• After school activities for underage people with fewer opportunities.
We will value the volunteers’ involvement within the Social Services sector on the basis of their personal attitudes, and taking in account the effective possibility to activate the services
Activities proposed by volunteers during the last years
• front-office hours extension for reaching more youth;
• workshops realisation (i.e. music, recycling, photography, cultural tours within the city);
• individual or group language laboratories;
• intercultural evening organisation to introduce the volunteer’s country of origin or project.
• realisation of intercultural initiatives and collaboration to the dissemination of texts or audio-video material about EVS experiences, also in collaboration with other European youth;
• project writing for intercultural exchanges which could involve the volunteer’s country of origin or other sending organisation.
Who: Volunteer Profile:
No specific qualifications are required, but considering the kind of activities the volunteers will be called to develop, we will positively value the following attitudes:
predisposition to human interpersonal relationship;
good motivation to the project themes and pro-activity;
interest in the projects developed by the distinct areas of engagement;
adaptation skills and capacity to manage the work schedule and tasks;
Even if it is not a discriminating criterion for the volunteers’ recruitment, basic linguistic skills in Italian can be advisable in order to facilitate the volunteers in establishing a relationship with the service users since the very beginning of the activities. Due to the high number of applications, candidates with a basic or good knowledge of Italian will be interviewed first.
This project offers to volunteers the chance to test their skills in two principal fields:
1) promotion of cultural initiatives and services addressed to youth;
2) youth active participation to social life, due to services targeted to youth, with fewer opportunities, in general, people in need.
In respect to the above mentioned proposed activities, we identify the following learning objectives:
Improve language competencies and develop relational skills (i.e. participating to a tandem learning program in their mother tongue with youth from other European countries).
During their workshops in the local high schools, volunteers could share and compare their ideas and experiences of life, contributing to stimulate the curiosity toward other cultures and countries. Moreover, they will improve their organisational skills, as well as communication with teachers and students.
Experiment teamwork with other young people (i.e. collaborating to the organisation of a hosted Youth
Exchange or Training Course); to contribute in the diffusion of an intercultural sensitivity within the local area (i.e. bringing their testimonies as European Volunteers to schools or Universities, or realising an intercultural evening addressed to local people in order to tell about the habits of their Countries of origin).
Promoting initiatives as photography, culture and language; realising a cultural event which involves local youth.
During the after-school activities: to experience the value of solidarity; to develop listening skills and competencies in support of people who live difficult situations (from a socio-economical, psychological or physical point of view);
Learn about and inform of the interventions which the public administration addresses to people in need.
The amount of working hours requested to volunteers will be of 35 hours per week, depending on the effective activities organised by the services. Therefore in some period of the year it could be asked a higher commitment for the implementation of the proposals within an area of service, which will be balanced with a lighter load of work in another ambit The schedule will be jointly agreed between volunteers and the services responsible and will take in consideration the commuting time to move from a working seat to another.
The volunteers will share an apartment with other evs volunteers. It is rented by the Municipality of Padova and situated a few minutes from the historic down town and the activities locations. They will not be lodged in community houses and therefore will have to follow only the ordinary co-habitation rules and those established by the block of flats (silence hours, bed room and common spaces cleaning, etc.). The
Office will work as a mediator between volunteers and the landlord in order to facilitate the relationship among them.
All the activity locations are situated in spaces regularly served by public means of transportation and easily reachable also with own resources. In order to allow volunteers to be more independent and quick in transferring from one place to another, they are normally assigned a bicycle.
The ideal volunteer for our hosting project should have a strong motivation for the thematic, the objectives and the proposed activities of the project, as well as a marked attitude to interpersonal relationships.
Volunteers who have relational attitudes toward children, and who are open to meeting and co-operating with youth, will be particularly valued. Availability to commitment and proactivity in taking part to the project are implicit requirements that could facilitate the volunteers’ engagement in the working team, and help them in achieving the project objectives.
Eventual past experiences in contexts similar to the ones proposed for the project will be also appreciated.
We suggest a basic knowledge of the Italian language. The language proficiency can facilitate the volunteers in establishing a relationship with the service users since the very beginning of the activities. The linguistic training which will endure for the whole service duration will be useful to enrich their personal vocabulary and improve their language mastery, allowing the volunteers to feel more confident in their
interpersonal relationships with youth and the services co-ordinators.
The volunteers selection is open to any youth aged between 18 and 30, female and male. No specific qualification is required, but considering the kind of activities the volunteers will be called to develop, we will positively value the following attitudes:
– predisposition to human interpersonal relationship;
– good motivation to the project themes and proactivity;
– interest in the projects developed by the distinct areas of engagement;
– adaptation skills and capacity to manage the work schedule and tasks.
Cómo solicitar el CUERPO EUROPEO SOLIDARIDAD EN ITALIA
Building Bridges users and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject:
“EVS Padova YEP. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com