Te traemos una nueva oportunidad de voluntariado europeo en Grecia para trabajar en una casa de asistencia social para personas mayores.
01.09.2016 – 31.08.2017 (12 months)
This project is for one young volunteer in Lefkas Greece who will be working in elderly care cenre in order to realize together solidarity project of cultural cooperation for the local development.
The island of Lefkada, also called Lefkas, is the fourth largest island of the Ionian Islands, after Zakynthos, Kefalonia and Corfu. It has an area of 303 square kilometres, a coastline of 117 kilometres and a population of about 22.000 inhabitants. Lefkada is an island with a wide spiritual tradition and it’s situated 378 km from Athens.
The project concerns to – continue to organize workshops for a group of 40 elderly in the elderly care centre as manual activities (handicrafts), physical exercises, intellectual and cultural activities, discussion groups press reviews, but also external animations in order to maintain a link with the life outside the Centre. This activity is a part of the social, cultural, communication and human field and their principal objective is the awareness of what means to be European citizen. Continue to animate the “Orange” Cultural Coffee which was created by the previous volunteers in the “Elderly care centre of Lefkas”. The Orange Cultural Coffee became a meeting place, a favourite space of gathering for the old people of the Centre where they enjoy, entertain and communicate with their families, the youngsters and the local community. Also, the proposed projects for the volunteers will enable them to acquire personal, social and technical skills that will be useful for their future careers. The project will offer them a unique experience in intercultural, social and pre-professional level. During the activities, you will work together and in close cooperation with other volunteers and with different associations and cultural institutions of the region.
– to make monthly working plan which what he/she will follow;
– to organize cultural activities weekly in cultural coffee workshop: (Art workshops, dance performance, showing videos and films, intercultural dinners, exhibitions, debates on health issues…);
– to help and share activities with the residents (meals, mornings creative workshops, gardening, walking, preparing coffee theme of the week …)
– to organize «different workshops» for the elderly people (painting, showing movies, dancing, gastronomy), and managed cultural events every 2 weeks.
– to create a DVD and video in order to make his/her project more visible.
– to help the elderly people during their daily life. – to help to clean and to organize the spaces of the elderly centre (living room, his/her working space and the garden).
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30.05.2016 with subject “EVS_Lefkas.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”