Vrontados Chios, Greece
01.10.2016 – 30.09.2017 (12 months)
The «Cooperative discovery of Technology Education Sports” project focus on New Technologies, Education and Sports and is taking part in Chios Island.
The European volunteers, under the guidance and help of TES’s people, will work together and they will get in touch with the European Dimension & New Technologies and they will search for new possibilities in the field of Education, Employment, Entertainment, etc.
They will inform the young people with less opportunities (we have many emigrants, unemployed and families with many children), about all the actions of the “Erasmus” Program.
The volunteers will help the young people in Chios Island to open new horizons.
It is really important for the youngsters who live in a place like Vrontados, to have information about the opportunities they have, to open discussions about this and help them.
The Young Voluntary workers undertake to participate voluntarily in an active citizen and informative experience with the aim of acquiring social, intercultural and personal skills, tools for their own future and at the same contribute to the wellbeing of the community.
Tasks and activities
1) Computer Programs (30%) One of the main activities is to take active part in the realization of Non-profit making Educational, Sports and Cultural programs and Presentations. The volunteers will have the opportunity to come closer to New Technologies, learn and develop creative projects through practical and theoretical exchange of knowledge and gain knowledge that will help them for all their life. They will have the possibility to work with E.U schools on the E.U program www.etwinning.net. The Mentor and the responsible of the project are using the R-admin program to observe on-line the working computers and follow the progress on each subject and offer ASAP any possible help.
2) Educational, Cultural and Sport cooperation on New Technologies (40%). The young volunteers are working on: – “Learning by using New Technologies” Producing Educational, Cultural, Sport and Touristic Projects. – Helping the children to do summer activities. – Helping and learn how to sail, but also to take part in sailing race as crew or captain of a sailing yacht. – Helping in the educational procedure of our computer school.
3) Our EVS Internet Radio (20%). The European Volunteer will make her own contribution for the development and realization of recordings, sound mixing, interviews, news and anything that has to do with our organization’s EVS Internet Radio web site, advertising our Island.
4) Inspiration (05%). One other activity is to create new ideas about helping in organizing and realizing of Youth programs, sport (sailing) School activities (in a primary school) and other activities, also will help in texts translation from English or Greek to her mother language, also participate in other social activities developed by T.E.S. e) Our Place (05%) The volunteers are responsible for keeping the hosting and working place clean and in order (building, household, electronic and other equipment, sailing material, garden etc).
How to apply
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30.04.2016 with the subject “EVS_Vrontados Chios.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”