Te ofrecemos este voluntariado europeo cultural para apoyar la organización de un festival de cine, donde ya una voluntaria española , Rocío, realizó este proyecto el año pasado con éxito.
We call for 2 long term volunteers for 10 months.
1st September 2016 to 5th July 2017
During the year there are also few events in the field of cinema in different Bulgarian towns – Varna, Veliko Tarnovo, Balchik
and the volunteers will participate in their organizing and conducting
Who can apply:
Young people between 18 and 30 years old
Volunteers from which countries:
Spain, members of Building Bridges Association.
The volunteer programme of IN THE PALACE offers 6 young people from different countries the opportunity to get an inside touch of the organization and working process of established short film events such as International Short Film Festival IN THE PALACE, its parallel programmes in film training PLUG-IN and industry meetings FILMER FORGE, its accompanying film forums and other initiatives.
The project is implemented by Format SFF Foundation, hosting organization and coordinator of the programme. The project duration is 15 months and the volunteers are going to spend 10 months in Bulgaria in order to participate in the preparation and conduct of the festival and all its parallel events. They will also help the organization in its daily office activities and will be the leaders of volunteer teams before, during and after the festival events .
Volunteers are engaged in tasks related to the promotion of events, getting familiar with the atmosphere and the venues of the events, and tasks, developing creativity in the fields of cinema, journalism, design and photography. Leading goal is to quickly adapt to the environment and to form a specific attitude for the upcoming events. Analysis and assessment of personal qualities and interests is also important, since based on them will be done the distribution in activities.
In the phase of actual conduct of the events the tasks of the volunteers are related to specific details in organizing events. In this way they will be able to explore in detail the organization of a major international events and to acquire more and new knowledge and skills.
After the event is over volunteers are enrolled in: support the departure of the official guests of the festival and participants in the initiatives; implementation of post-implementation promotion campaign; self evaluation; dissemination of results.
The aim of the project is to allow young people interested in audio-visual arts and culture to participate in the organization of these events, while having access to all screenings, master classes, debates and networking possibilities which the festival and the parallel programmes offer.
Activities in the phase of actual conduct of the events include:
Promotion, operational support for screenings, lectures, receptions
– Realization of the final promotional wave – coming off of posters, distribution of promotional cards of the festival, distribution of the printed festival program;
– Control access to the festival locations compliance with the order information for the film program – meeting the festival audience, controlling access to the halls for screenings.
Information Centre (Info Point)
– Provide comprehensive information of all festival events;
– Welcoming festival guests and participants and coordinate their accommodation and transport;
– Preparation and printing of accommodation sheets;
– Preparation of festival badges (related to the utilization of specific technical skills) – photographing people entering personal information through web-based platform, color printing, lamination;
– Sorting and arrangement of materials festival (festival bags, catalogs, programs, promotional materials of the festival partners) and distribute them to accredited guests of the festival;
Accommodation and transport
– Preparing and monitoring the schedule details of arrival and departure of festival guests;
– Assistance and support of special guests – members of the jury, newly arrived guests, representatives of film institutions, lecturers;
Press and communication department
– Planning and managing media campaigns;
– Participation as co-moderator in conferences and sessions “Questions / Answers” with filmmakers;
– Preparation of press releases, publications, drafting press materials with facts and statistics about the festival;
– Participation as a presenter and author of the text in the presentation of the titles and authors of the projector before starting block of the program; in the ceremonial opening and closing of the festival;
– Learning and practical application of skills in working with video and photo camera.
Activities in the phase after the actual conduct of the events include:
– Support for the sending of official guests of the festival;
– Cleaning of the festival locations;
– Implementation of postfestival and promotion campaign performance;
– Analysis and assessment.
How to apply
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Bulgaria Festival Cinema Palace. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com