Anímate a realizar un voluntariado en cultura y actividades de información juvenil en un centro social en Eslovenia.
[tabs style=”v3″ icon_color=”#1e73be” ]
[tab title=”+ Info” icon=”momizat-icon-rocket” ]¿Qué es el voluntariado?: Cómo participar
Si te apetece ver otras oportunidades en Lituania, echa un vistazo aquí.
Puedes echar un vistazo a otras oportunidades de voluntariado gratis en este enlace.
[tab title=”Experiencias” icon=”momizat-icon-accessibility” ]Explora todas las experiencias de participantes
[tab title=”Vídeos” icon=”fa-icon-youtube” ]Vídeos de participantes[/tab]
Lugar y fechas
Place: Maribor, Slovenia.
Dates: February 2019 – January 2020.
Sobre la organización de acogida
The hosting organisation is a non-governmental, non-profit institution founded in 1997 as an organisation for encouraging, supporting programme and project cooperation among individuals and groups conducting cultural, educational, research, informative and humanitarian activities as well as for granting assistance in solving their short-term residential needs for creative spaces. Our organisation is small, we work with a team of paid staff (3 fte) and with co-workers and local volunteers.
Programme-wise our organisation works in three main areas: independent culture, youth/volunteer work and civil engagement.
Our cultural programme includes organisation, co-organisation, promotion and realization of non-profit cultural events, mainly from the fields of visual arts, films, photography, theater of the oppressed, which find it harder to gain recognition within the established environment and are actually shaping the distinct programme image of the Cultural Centre Pekarna, paying special attention to the idea and message behind them.
Within the institution, the Youth Informative-Counselling Centre is active in providing the public with the youth programmes. Its basic activity is providing free information, counselling and non-formal education programmes for the young, aged between 15 and 29 (children, students, employed and unemployed young people) and for all, who live and work with them and to the interested public (teachers, parents, counsellors, youth-workers …), with the focus on volunteer and community work. We have been organizing volunteer programmes for young volunteers for sixteen years now. The programmes, which our volunteers are working on, are providing free instructions for pupils, weekly educational and creative workshops with children with fewer opportunities, different informational initiatives, creative writing sessions for elementary school pupils, in the form of active citizenship youth projects/initiatives and different prevention workshops for school-children.
Actividades durante el voluntariado
The main aim of the project is to develop high quality activities for young people in the fields of art, creation and civil engagement with the help of informal and non formal learning. The project will last for 11 months and give them the possibility to participate in the formation of cultural, youth, youth-information, volunteer and social activities.
What are EVS volunteers doing in our organisation?
In our organisation, we try to include EVS volunteers in all organisation’s activities, that seem interesting to them or that they want to learn, and we actively encourage them in creating and performing their own projects. Volunteers actively participate in creating cultural, art, youth, informative, social and civic activities, and through their work also promote EVS among young people in our environment. Through their activities and living they gain the feeling of belonging to organisation as well as belonging to community and local environment, they grow personally, spread and develop their fields of interest, and also continually learn during the process.
Among many things, volunteers learn the strategies and techniques of self-organising and planning cultural, youth and other events, and gain the required abilities to work in a group of people with different cultural and social backgrounds. During that process they learn about the projects and workings of non-government, non-profit organisation and perform publicly renowned projects in the fields of culture, art, music and activism. Each EVS volunteer is precious to a hosting organisation, because they bring difference, novelty, fresh perspective, experience and knowledge to work, relationships and projects.
We are looking for three volunteers to be involved in our youth and cultural activities. Here are just few of them:
– Organization and implementation of various educational and leisure activities for the social excluded youth,
– Pekarna Potopisi – Pekarna Travelogue; the program is about a different type of travelogue; we try to “break stereotypes” about other countries, ethnicities, social groups etc., and the concept of a “tourist travel” itself,
– Brezmejni svet – World without borders; the aim of the project »World without borders« in social and cultural integration of young people and children and the children of migrants (Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Serbia, Somalia, Russia …) into local community, because as the result of different migrations, the city of Maribor is becoming an ethnically and culturally diverse city,
– Kolektiv Pizda! the program includes making a “zine”, writing critical articles, illustrations, taking photos, edit zine … A zine is a small circulation self-published work of original or appropriated texts,
– Filmopeka is a film education with reviews of cinema films, followed by lectures by film critics,
– LGBTQ+ program,
– helping with cultural program,
– helping with a stop-motion animation festival,
– helping with theatre of the oppressed workshops, performances,
– Guest Room Maribor, artists in residence platform,
– helping with marketing – designing posters, flyers and banners for events,
– processing and creating your own projects and workshops that are within our organization’s mission and purpose (we really support this side of EVS).
Proceso de selección para el voluntariado en cultura
We will study carefully all applications and selected candidates will be invited for a Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the upcoming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with Skype username included.
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest in the project and the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
[button color=”brown” link=”https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqd30j12iat0quv/AAASMnNxA1tknyAl63Y6emnOa?dl=0″ size=”bigger” target=”_blank”]Motivation letter and application form[/button]
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject “EVS Maribor, Natasa. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME”.