2 plazas de voluntariado en Arad sobre turismo y juventud con todos los gastos pagados por Erasmus+.
1st December – 31st May 2018
Arad City Guide organization created a while ago a mobile app and other projects to promote Arad.
By talking with them, we realized that the chances a city offers in terms of spare time opportunities and the active participation of youth in the life of the community are linked. At this point, we decided to organize this project, as we could solve two main issues, not only at local level, but also at an international one.
The first issue we are trying to solve is the fact that many young people in the countries represented in this project are in the situation of NEET. They find it difficult to integrate on the labor market as many employers require experience, competences or recommendations. In the countries represented in this project, the situation is not different. According to Eurostat (http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/nui/show.do), in the countries represented in this project, the percentages of NEETs are the following: Romania (21,4%), Italy (29%), Estonia (14.4%), Macedonia (33%) and Spain (22.1%) above the EU level of 16.5%.
The second issue we are trying to improve is the fact that the members of local community are not well informed about spare time opportunities related to their age/interest, are not well integrated in the society and have a rather solitary life with negative effects. For example, according to the National Institute of Statistics, Romanians spend half of their free time (more than 2 hours/day) watching TV and less than twenty minutes/day practicing sports supporting the idea of having a solitary lifestyle.
We are motivated to implement this project to solve these issues and answer the needs of the participants, participating organizations, local partners and target groups.
– To contribute to the acquisition of experience and competences of 16 EVS volunteers that will help them transition from NEET to employability by involving them in 2 EVS mobility projects that will take place in Arad, Romania, between the time frames: 1st October 2017 – 31st March 2018 and 1st May 2018 – 31st October 2018.
– To contribute to a more active lifestyle of the members of the local community by informing them about spare time opportunities in the area, by involving them in such activities and by creating an infrastructure for them where they can find out about free time opportunities.
The EVS volunteers will involve at least 600 children, 600 teenagers, 200 senior citizens, 40 families and 16 backpackers during the time frame of the mobilities; they will organize at least 1 event/public campaign/ month for informing the local community members about leisure opportunities and will create 1 promotional campaign for 4 partners that offer spare time opportunities.
– To increase the attractiveness of the activities offered of the local partners through the previously mentioned activities.
– Organizing information campaigns / public events about different spare time opportunities (social, cultural, outdoor, leisure etc) for different categories of citizens;
– Creating the infrastructure/ channels where citizens from Arad can find out more about spare time opportunities; creating a map of the city with the main attractions; creating a Facebook group where people can join different initiatives organized by other groups etc;
– Creating a promotional campaign for at least 4 organisations that offer spare time opportunities; EVS volunteers will also organize some spare time opportunities themselves for the target groups of our project: children, teenagers, senior citizens, families and backpackers.
All the activities of the project will be carried out through non-formal, peer-to-peer, participatory, non-invasive methods and will be based on the learning process of EVS volunteers.
PROFILE OF THE VOLUNTEER:
– age limit 18-30;
– residents of Estonia, Italy, Macedonia and Spain;
– NEET youngsters;
– available for the entire period of the project;
– motivated and serious;
– basic level of English.
THE LOCAL CONTEXT of our project is represented by the context of the community or Arad, Romania. In this local community its various categories of citizens are not well informed of the social, cultural, outdoor, sport activities in which they could participate according to their category.
Although there are organizations that offer such kind of spare time opportunities, they are not promoted enough. Consequently, local citizens have a rather solitary, indoor life and are not well integrated in the society.
Arad is situated on the West part of Romania, 50 km far from Hungarian border, being the 13th biggest city of Romania, with around 200.000 citizens. In the past Arad was called “little Vienna” because the architecture from the center of the 2 cities were quite similar. The river that runs through the city is called Mureș.
Accommodation – rented apartments, 2 persons/room, with access to bathroom (common), kitchen (common) and other utilities.
Meal – you will receive a monthly food allowance so you can arrange your own meals.
Local Transportation – you will receive a monthly tram ticket valid on all tram lines.
Internet – you will have access to internet at the accommodation place.
LUGGAGE – WHAT TO BRING:
It’s not necessary to take a big luggage, because you will have the possibility to wash your clothes. Take whatever you consider necessary. Bring your own:
– Towels; – Laptop (if you have one);
– Hair-dryer; – Medicine (if you are on a specific treatment).
– Clothes Iron;
HOW TO GET TO ARAD:
Your destination is the city of ARAD and you have several possibilities to get here:
1. TIMIȘOARA AIRPORT
– Situated 60 km from Arad;
– In case you arrive here a member of the association will be in the airport waiting for you and will take you to your accommodation place.
2. BUDAPEST AIRPORT
– Situated 260 km from Arad;
– In case you arrive here, a driver will wait for you and take you to Arad, to your accommodation place where one of the members of the association will wait for you. The driver is from a company specialized with airport transfers, so they are professionals.
3. ARAD TRAIN STATION
– You also have the possibility to arrive to Arad by train from Budapest or other Romanian cities.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
[button color=»red» link=»https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqd30j12iat0quv/AAASMnNxA1tknyAl63Y6emnOa?dl=0″ size=»bigger» target=»_blank»]Application form and motivation letter[/button]
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can attach below with subject “EVS Romania Arad City. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME» to email@example.com