Project name, dates and place
We Have a Dream
Location: Burgas, Bulgaria
Period: 10/1/2017 – 31/10/2017
An act-oriented project that promotes tolerance through providing teaching sessions to youth in Burgas, Bulgaria mainly but also all over the country. Working together we are going to challenge you and ourselves to become more OPEN MINDED, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX and feel comfortable asking questions.
Association “MacKenzie” is a non profit organization with its seat in Burgas, Bulgaria and it unites the efforts of educators and volunteers from all the country in their desire to work locally but affect globally. We believe the knowledge about the people around us and the understanding about them help the creation of a more positive world!That’s why we are ready to support and put into action each initiative that leads to personal development or provokes active participation in communityresponsibility are the people in Bulgaria as we put an accent on youth work because it is them who are deprived of opportunities for development in the transition period when in the new economic reality physical survival is society’s see our responsibility to society in providing quality activities, stimulating the process of idea experimentation.European intergation is of key importance to us because we believe that it opens the doors of better understanding and acceptance. We Are Proud to Have Been Chosen And Be Functioning as a National Lead Agency For Global Youth Service Day 2010, 2012 and 2014.
To be adapted to the volunteer’s skills and enthusiasm
1.working in an office – gaining and improving computer skills, applying and improving knowledge of English, getting to know everyday works such as copying, mail, sorting out materials and library, cleaning the office.
2. Working with youth groups in the secondary schools in Burgas. Bulgarian schools have youth groups that are dealing with writing school papers , school representatives and sports and culture workshops. We will try to contact and work with groups working under the “Success” project on topics as civic engagement and education and voluntarism.
Those democratic forms of out of school education are supported not only by schools but also by structures for out of school education such as Mackenzie. In this activity of his, the volunteer will help the communication between our association and the different schools in the region.
3. participation in the preparation, carrying out and evaluation of Mackenzie’s seminars. The project in which the volunteer will be involved is “Teaching Tolerance”. He will take part in the educational modules with contemporary social-political and Christian-ethical content.
4. checking of reports which have been previously translated in English
5. working for the creation and updating of the website of the association
How to apply
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Petya Burgas. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com