MUSEUM AND ARTS CENTRE OF GLASS
Name of the Project:
CE QUI NOUS RASSEMBLE – WHAT BRINGS US TOGETHER
From 4th of january to 31st of July, 2016
The EVS project will take place in Carmaux. This is a small town of 10 000 inhabitants located in the southwest of France , 90 km from Toulouse, 60 km from Rodez and 15 km from Albi. In former times, Carmaux used to have mostly an industrial activity which has decreased since the last decades. Today the city has been modernized and is now offering the image of a town in the countryside with all required facilities (shopping center, cinema, swimming pool, railway station, cultural centre…) The city is surrounded by an agricultural and rural area. The project will take place in both the rural and urban area along with children, young people, families, including also partners like cultural associations, schools … A car will be at the disposal of the volunteer, but a driving license is mandatory.
Activities proposed to the volunteers:
The volunteer will be welcomed within the Museum of Glass team : the mission extends to 3 fields : – Activities with children for promoting History of Art and initiation to the glass blower craft. – Interviews of migrants : it is to collect information about the Territorial History, the volunteer will meet sons of immigrants who came to work in industrial or agricultural activities, in order to understand how they deal with intercultural issues. – Creation of communication tools to share their public the different activities carried out in a Museum. He/she will also be working, part time with another volunteer hosted as well in Carnaux. Both will be involved in another intercultural project for schools and associations upon rural area.
The volunteer will be involved in the daily life of the Museum’s team for all activities
– Cultural mediation in the Museum of Glass
– Interviews of Migrants to collect information aboutthe Cultural Identity of the territory.
– Animation in schools and youth centers to initiate children to the History of Art.
– Help the Museum team in their daily activities with general public
– Be proactive, propose and support new ideas and a positive energy to initiate young people to History of Art and Creation process.
– Prepare socio-cultural activities for young children
– Improve young people skills by introducing to other languages and sharing of foreign cultures.
VOLUNTEERS’ PROFILE: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You should be strongly motivated to work in a cultural environment within a team dealing with general public.
– You should ideally be sensible to issues related to Art, Culture and Transmission
– You have a good knowledge of the Windows environment, Office applications and multimedia tools.
– You are able to interact with a lot of people to ensure the right carrying out of activities – You have excellent communication skills and a strong team spirit.
– You are respectful, tolerant and responsible Basics
(B1) in French and driving license is mandatory
How to apply
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
– Application form
[button size=medium style=round color=green align=none url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ynjVxJ_AZyY4urQxEbQLZLWGXqV9uH1T_kHy5mcZfh0/edit?usp=sharing]Application form[/button]
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can attach below with subject “EVS France Calderon Museum. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com