Anímate a echar una mano en un centro juvenil en Lituania realizando este voluntariado con jóvenes discapacitados.
Puedes ver otros voluntariados en Lituania aquí.
Fechas y lugar
Dates: September 2018 – June 2019.
Place: Panevezys, Lithuania.
Sobre el voluntariado con jóvenes discapacitados
Our EVS project suggesting the perfect possibility to learn, to implement ideas, to use creativity and to get confidence.
Volunteers will work together with mentally disabled youth. They will do daily work in the chosen activity: pottery, art, sports, household chores, IT, music, technology, wool felting, theatre and so on. They will support and help young people who have special needs and who are not capable to work with the group.
In addition to the daily activities, the volunteers will carry out many public projects such as organizing exhibitions, concerts, sports festivals for town community that should show abilities of mentally disabled youth and change public attitude. Volunteers will organize special events for non-disabled young people at general educational institutions that disseminate the idea of volunteering and to change young people’s attitudes to mental disability peers.
Tareas durante el SVE en Lituania
The volunteer should also always find time:
– to be with disabled peer and help him, talk with him and support him.
– make friendship with mentally disabled youngsters;
– help mentally disabled in his/her everyday life;
– have fun together with the mentally disabled friend!
We expect you:
- to be an assistant of social worker;
- to chose activity: ceramic, art, sports, housekeeping, IT, music, technology, wool felting, photography, theatre and so on.;
- to help young people who have special needs and who are not able to work with the group or to do something;
- to initiate one or more projects.
Monday – Friday, Starting 9:25
Lunch break 13:00-14:00
Free days: Saturday ; Sunday.
You will get 120€ pocket money and money for food.
Monthly bus tickets valid for all busses in Panevezys town in workings days.
Monthly SIM card for mobile phone for necessary and emergency calls. Limit 3 eur.
House keeping materials: toilet paper, washing powder and etc.
Activity money – you have money for activities with students:
- Your projects;
- All ideas are welcome.
You will stay in a flat with 4 rooms. Every volunteer will have own room, just need share kitchen and bathroom.
Proceso de selección para el voluntariado con discapacitados
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject “EVS Lithuania, AISTE PANEVEZYS. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME”