Cesky Tesin (Czech republic)
September for 9 months
«The anthill» is focused on cooperation between employees of the community center and foreign volunteer in the creation of leisure time activities for local visitors.
1. Educational within leisure activities – to support the development of individuals through non-formal activities (workshops, clubs, lectures), which are further enhanced by working with the community. The volunteer will participate in the preparation of these activities for the local community.
2. Socializing – involving inhabitants and volunteer into activities that have a positive impact on the local environment relationships.
3. Intercultural context – increasing the awareness of coexistence of different cultures in one place. In addition to the international context of EVS volunteer this region specific coexistence of Czechs, Slovaks, Poles and Roma people.
The project counts with the participation of 1 or maximum 2 volunteers.
The project is aimed at volunteer who is close to the area of work with children and youth and work for the local community. An important aspect is the social dialogue, a willingness to gaining experience in this regard.
Volunteer gains practical experience in work with the local community, especially with children and youth; they learn to plan leisure activities for different target groups; broaden their knowledge of the community gardens.
The impact of the project towards the local community – overcoming stereotypes that settlement residents – children have. A volunteer who is «only» for them, and in children strengths the feeling of belonging and self-importance. Children learn to listen more / perceive, because it requires verbal communication barrier. Another important phenomenon is the volunteer’s participation in the development of local communities. Joint work on the creation of community gardens offers space for informal cognition and learning.
It is our effort that filling a Youthpass volunteer is fully aware of the newly acquired or advanced competencies able to evaluate his/her participation in the project and name his/her personal contribution to the community center.
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to email@example.com with the subject “EVS_Czech Republic_Novakova.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”