EVS PROJECT DATES
Summary of the project:
“Green Rivers” is a Erasmus+ voluntary project that aims to continue to another dimension, the voluntary activities implemented by hosting organisation since 2008, in the field of environmental protection and environmental education among young people.
Also, “Green Rivers” will valorize another voluntary project implemented by FCASEC in Dragasani community during 2013-2014.
The specific objectives of the project are:
– participation of 6 volunteers with fewer opportunities to voluntary activities of environment protection.
– acquisition by the 6 volunteers of skills specific to involvement in environmental education and environmental protection, competencies that will lead to their personal and professional development and their reintegration in the labor market and in the future.
– promoting the intercultural learning among volunteers.
– development of new monitoring tools used in the reinforced mentorship for the 6 volunteers.
– transfer of good didactic practices between partners in the field of environmental education and environment protection
– establishment of a strategic partnership at the project level which on the future will initiate new EVS projects but also projects of nobilities and strategic youth projects.
“Green Rivers” is a group EVS project, which will involve six volunteers aged 22 to 26 years, equal numbers of boys and girls, all young people with fewer opportunities.
The main activities of the project will focus on environmental education workshops in schools from rural areas, creative recycling workshops, seminars on information on Erasmus + program and environmental protection in rural communities, ecological activities of Dragasani city bordering rivers and organizing media campaigns in the support of environmental education and environmental protection, organizing public debates on measures of identifying and solving environmental problems.
Throughout the project will be used different methods of non-formal education as: debates, forum theater, living library, flah-mob, photo-voice.
The main results of the project will be:
-innovative voluntary stage in the field of environment protection, stage that will serve as example of good practices
– strengthening the institutional capacity of partners that will make a permanent exchange of good practices on project topic.
– promotion of “green behavior” among the local communities from the south of Valcea County
– Facebook and web page of the project
– manual of initiation in media campaigns
– brochure with flora and fauna specific to the rivers Olt, Pesceana and Mamu
– creative recycling workshops
“Green Rivers” produce impact both on the local community which will discover the importance of protecting the environment and on volunteers who will learn that it is important to get involved in solving environmental problems, fact that will help them to develop both personally and professionally and to overcome the situation of fewer opportunities.
On long term, the project will contribute to organize creative recycling workshops in the communities of the partners, to change the mentality of the local communities on environmental issues.
Role and tasks of volunteers:
– participation in training sessions on arrival and for midterm evaluation. In this activity, there will be used non-formal education methods as: energizers, role playing, ice-breaking games, debate.
– organizing the lunching conference of the EVS stage. It will be organized in 23 Oct. 2015 by the six volunteers who will present their countries and will initiate a debate with the participants where they can identify the local community needs related to environmental protection.
– greening activities of Olt, Pesceana and Mamu river. Within this activity, the volunteers will collect waste and rubbishes from their banks and will raise an alarm sign for the local population regarding the maintain of a clean environment.
– arranging picnic places on the banks of the rivers Olt, Pesceana and Mamu. The volunteers supported by FCASEC staff and the local community members will set up three special places for picnic on the three rivers. The improvement of the 3 places will be made by cleaning an area of 200m2, marking three picnic sites with informative panels that will promote “Pronatura” messages, installation of benches and tables built by the local municipality.
– workshops of environmental education and environment protection in schools. The workshops will be organized in 5 schools (2 from Dragasani and three from rural area). In the workshops, the volunteers supported by FCASEC staff will make quizzes about nature, creative recycling for children (to learn how to recycle items), production items from recycled materials, creating textile bags, painting and drawing workshops, organizing meetings with the companies that work in recycling field.
– making seminars of ecological education in 2 highschools from Dragasani and other 2 highschools from rural area: Ladesti and Gradistea. The seminars will be interactive about the importance of the sustainable development, responsible behavior regarding the wastes and their reuse. The seminars will have as purpose transmitting and growing the amount of knowledge about the environment protection and fostering a responsible behavior among the students in order to find and integrate in the day to day activities, at school and home, solutions for environment protection by reducing the consume of resources and energy, recycling and by responsible behavior toward the nature. Within these seminars, it will be presented also Erasmus+ program with focus on presenting the mobility for volunteers.
– initiating and implementing 2 media campaigns: “The travel of water from source to tap” and “Let`s do it Dragasaani”. For the media campaigns, the volunteers will realize promotional materials (posters, flyers, interviews on TV, press articles, press realizes, street animation, flash- mob, debates, launching contests on environmental topics for students and youth).
– set up and manage the facebook page and webpage of the project.
– workshops on creative recycling.
The volunteers will work 6 hours / day from Monday to Friday. Their schedule will be organized as follow:
9.00.10.00: preparing the activity.
13.00-14.00: Lunch break.
14.00-16.00: Outdoor activities.
The volunteers will have 2 days off every month, will have days off according to Romanian legislation and will have holidays according to the university year 2015-2016
The volunteers will be accommodated in two apartments rented by FCASEC in Dragasani city at Bratianu Hostel. The houses is equipped with central heating, water, TV cable and internet. The kitchen is fully equipped. The houses have 4 bedrooms, two bathrooms and 2 kitchens. To feed, the volunteers will receive a fixed amount at the beginning of each month, amount which will allow them to buy aliments and cook themselves. Also at the beginning of the month, all volunteers will receive a fixed allowance (pocket money). The local transport will be provided free of charge for the entire EVS period by FCASEC.
The volunteers will receive monthly 190 euro (60 euro as pocket money + 130 euro money for food)
BEFORE 4 WEEKS OF THE START OF THE EVS STAGE, IT WILL BE SIGN A MOBILITY CONTRACT WITH EACH VOLUNTEERS AND A LEARNING PLAN WITH EACH VOLUNTEER.
SELECTION OF VOLUNTEERS:
– Young people between 18-30 years old
– Boys and girls in equal number
– Young people ready to spent 1 year volunteer in Romania.
Validation of the EVS stage:
Volunteers involved in this project will be awarded with a Youthpass certificate at the end of this EVS internship, which will describe and validate the experience of non-formal and informal learning acquired by each volunteer during their EVS internship period. The Youthpass certificate will be considered a process of awareness, reflection and documentation of learning during the different stages of the project.
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.