EUROPEAN VOLUNTARY SERVICE @Croce Rossa Italiana – Comitato di Pesaro, ITALY
6 or 10 months
Description of activities:
The volunteer can take part to the activities organised by the local Red Cross in 6 different areas, as support staff of local red cross volunteers and professionals:
– Social and cultural entertainment activities for kids: entertainment clowning support with kids in hospital, to give them relief during their time in hospital
– Social and cultural entertainment activities in rest homes for eldery people
– Food distribution activities: On daily basis will take part to distribution of food to the poor families, in cooperation with the Municipality of Pesaro, in a long term perspective of personal support.
– Information and awareness campaigns: meetings with students and organising prevention and intervention workshops about different topics and issues (first aid, drug and alcohol abuse, prevention of diseases…)
– Press office support: support in the realisation of media products, information press campaigns, to spread the values and activities realised by Red Cross.
– Fundraising office support: support in the fundraising campaigns preparation and realisation, as the annual charity event.
Description of hosting organisation:
The Croce Rossa Italiana – Comitato di Pesaro is part of the International Red Cross Movement, whose main aim is to alleviate the suffering of those in crisis, regardless the ground of their discomfort. At national level Croce Rossa Italiana involves almost 140.000 active members, operating thorugh a network of local Committees that can better address the needs emerging from each and every community. The Committee of Pesaro is supported by 407 volunteers active in the fields of: social assistance, medical support, emergency response, first aid, training, refugees services. The services implemented within each operative area address the most vulnerable members of the local community, in particular elderly, sick, people at risk of exclusion and refugees. These services are complemented with activities of fundraising, awareness and senbilisation campaigns and initiatives which can allow the hosted volunteers to gain a 360° learning experience in both operational and planning tasks.