Altérez-Vous – Responsible Café in Louvain-la-Neuve (Brabant Wallon)
Duration: 12 months
Starting: September 1st, 2015 (1 place)
Description of the organisation
This alternative café is a non-profit cooperative with social purpose. The project turns around 3 dimensions:
- Friendly atmosphere: open to any kind of public, organisation of diverse entertainment activities (board game nights, concerts, free stages, knitting workshops, conversation groups, writing workshops,…). Altérez-Vous is a place to meet, share and interact with others. These activities are open to everyone and new ideas are always welcome.
- Responsible consumption: the café gives priority to local, seasonal, organic and fair products.
- Awareness to societal issues (the main objective of Altérez-Vous): organisation of debates, conferences, group discussions, meetings with local farmers, awareness events,…
Activities of the EVS volunteers
Examples of tasks for the volunteer:
- to help with the organisation and the promotion of cultural activities (thematic nights, concerts, exhibitions, intercultural activities,…)
- Awareness to societal issues directly with the clients and through the organisation of conferences,…
- Development of local, organic and fair trade by helping the staff to find new products
- Volunteers will also have the opportunity to develop a personal project related to the café’s values.
Accommodation in a host family in Louvain-la-Neuve.
Deadline for applying: 10/03/2015
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “SVE, café alternativo, Bélgica ”