¿Buscas trabajo en el extranjero? No te pierdas esta oferta de trabajo en Bélgica como coordinador internacional en el SCI. Puedes consultar otras oportunidades en Bélgica en nuestra página.
Service Civil International (SCI), a dynamic, international voluntary organisation, is currently looking for an International Coordinator to strengthen its office team at the International Secretariat in Antwerp, Belgium.
The main tasks of the International Coordinator are managing the office and staff, administration, supporting branches and international groups, external representation, fundraising and networking, proposing and enhancing new projects, and taking initiatives for the accomplishment of the Strategic Plan of SCI. We are looking for someone with strong leadership and communication skills, intercultural experience, vision, creativity, proven staff management skills, and experience in international civil and voluntary service organisations.
The role of the International Coordinator
The International Coordinator will lead and manage the International Secretariat of SCI (IS) located in Antwerp, Belgium. The IS currently consists of four other staff and four long-term volunteers originating from different countries.
The office services the international structures of SCI, including the International Executive Committee (IEC), by networking, administration, organisation of meetings, EU fundraising, planning and communication.
- Manage the daily functions of the International Secretariat in Antwerp, Belgium.
- Work with the IEC and other relevant bodies in the preparation and implementation of the overall work plan of the organisation.
- Oversee and support fundraising initiatives – plan and write project proposals to the donors (including the EU bodies), and expand income sources with the support the International Fundraiser.
- Support cooperation between branches, groups and working groups.
- Take part in key meetings of SCI to support the initiatives of branches and working groups.
- Prepare the annual general assembly (International Committee Meeting – ICM).
- Support the preparation and follow-up of the IEC meetings.
- Oversee the cooperation between branches for the organisation of international voluntary projects.
- Networking and alliance building with like-minded organisations, i.e. by attending necessary meetings.
- Represent SCI externally towards other like-minded organisations, European and other international governmental institutions, donors, etc.
- Oversee the SCI International office administrative duties that include legal issues, insurance, finances and accounting.
- Ensure constitutional accountability by working closely together with the IEC and the ICM delegates.
Profile of the International Coordinator
The ideal SCI International Coordinator will have the following competencies:
Motivation and involvement
- Motivation and commitment to SCI mission and values.
- Interest in involvement beyond the job i.e. active involvement in the ethos of the organisation itself.
Initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify the needs of the organisation and propose solutions.
- Ability to identify strategic development directions and propose ways to implement them.
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
- Ability to utilise experience and available information in order to become quickly autonomous.
- Working with all the different partners requires being good at public relations, as well as being open-minded and having diplomatic skills.
Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within the organisation.
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (e.g. changes within the office volunteer team).
- Ability to cooperate with and manage an international team of paid staff and volunteers.
- Ability to delegate tasks, coordinate the work of a team and work remotely.
- Motivation to travel for meetings and projects.
- Proven strong leadership and management qualities.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task, set priorities and work in a team of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Self-driven and motivated individual with a high sense of quality, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
- Highly organised, and able to manage simultaneous priorities, a good time manager.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Project and financial management skills and experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, additional languages (Dutch, French) a plus.
- Computer literacy including sound knowledge of text, spreadsheets and presentation applications; computer maintenance and troubleshooting skills a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of working at in/with international voluntary service organisations; experience with global projects would be a strong advantage.
Conditions of Employment
The position is 100% work week (37.5 hours) according to the Belgian legislation with an unlimited contract. The candidate needs to have the legal right of employment in Belgium.
- A dynamic, international working environment.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth.
- Business travel opportunities within and outside Europe.
- Training opportunities within the time and budget limits approved by the IEC.
- Salary based on Belgian NGO standards: 2,500-2,800 euros gross monthly, depending on qualifications and skills, plus all benefits foreseen by Belgian legislation (meal cheques, paid holidays, travel to work subsidy, etc.)
SCI is an equal opportunities employer.
SCI would prefer the candidate to start no later than 15th November 2018, possibly earlier.
How to apply
- Your CV.
- Motivation letter – referring to the qualifications list and giving some examples.
- The contacts (email address) of two people who would write a recommendation letter for the candidate (feel free to include two recommendation letters already with the application).
To firstname.lastname@example.org “Application International Coordinator” in the subject line. Further enquiries can also be addressed to this e-mail address.
The deadline for applications is 23:59 CEST on 1st August 2018. IEC will start evaluation of applications from 9th July 2018, shortlisted candidates will be contacted to schedule skype interviews. Please refer to “YesEuropa-Asociacion Building Bridges” when you apply as referral Spanish webpage.