In our organisations the volunteer will be seen as a temporary team member who supports us in our work. S/He will assist us in our work in the youth centre and will also participate in our mobile youth work programme (a form of street work). Another part of the job are different projects with focus on creativity, sports, education and cultural topics. The volunteer will be able to make her/his own projects, bringing in her/his very own talents.
It is also possible for the volunteer to attend trainings and workshops regarding youth work, where s/he can refine her/his skills in social work.
* Working in a youth café
* Supervising the youngsters
* playing games with the youngsters
* communicating and giving advice
* Mobile (street work
* Special workshops
The different kinds of projects depend on the youngster’s interests and the season.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
The volunteer will live in an accommodation where also other volunteers live. It is organised by the host organisation. S/He will have a room with bathroom on her/his own and share a kitchen with other residents. The food money he/she gets always in the beginning of the month.
The infrastructure with trains and buses is easy, quick and frequent and s/he will probably also have a bicycle at her/his disposal. The volunteer will receive a ticket for free use of any public transport in the whole region of Vorarlberg during the complete EVS time.
TRAINING DURING THE OPPORTUNITY
The volunteer will have following trainings and opportunities;
– On-arrival Training; organised by the NA Austria
– Midterm-Meeting; organised by the NA Austria
– German course; organised by the coordinating organisation
– Regular evaluation meetings together with the coordinating organisation
– Regular meetings with her/his mentor in the hosting organisation
We are ready and open to receive a volunteer and look forward to getting to know someone new.
We think it important that the person is ready to have new experiences. The volunteer should be motivated to work in our team and should like to get to know many young people. To work with young people should be fun and enriching. We are looking for a creative, flexible and motivated person.
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.