01.09.2016 – 01.09.2017 (12 months)
This is a fantastic opportunity for young journalists from EU countries contribute to the social change and to carry out a period of full time international voluntary service in Lithuania.
The hosting organization is a powerful movement for highest standards in journalism. The slogan “Journalism – the Home of Human Rights” means that there are journalists who discover space for journalism ethics and human rights in their works.
The organization are carrying out journalistic investigations on the issues of human rights, equality and diversity, and working on joint projects with editors and human rights experts. Not only discuss with professionals and experts on what is important, but also create — one of our main goals is, together with independent journalists and editors, to examine problems that are outside of the media agenda. We believe that the cooperation between NGOs, media and experts is the key to a better representation of socially vulnerable groups.
The program administrates National Institute for Social Integration. This NGO is located in the biggest city of Lithuania, its capital Vilnius which population now is more than 0,5 million. The city, situated at the confluence of the rivers Neris and Vilnia, received the status of capital city in 1323, when Gediminas, the Grand Duke of Lithuania, in his letters addressed to West European merchants and craftsmen, invited them to settle ‘in Vilnius, the capital city’. Vilnius is the largest city and the biggest economical and political center of Lithuania. Vilnius occupies an area of 392 square kilometers, of which only one fifth is developed and the remainder is green belt and water. For this reason, Vilnius is often referred to as one of the ‘greenest’ capital cities in Europe. The historical center of Vilnius, the Old Town, is one of the largest old town centers in Eastern Europe (covering almost 360 hectares) and contains the most valuable historical and cultural heritage of the city. The Old Town buildings (approx. 1500 buildings) date back to different centuries. The main highlights of the capital city of Lithuania are the Gediminas Castle Tower and the Cathedral Square.
Coordinating open co-working Media Development center for journalistic activities in Lithuania; Coordinating and managing of the virtual platform for organizations and journalists cooperation, consultation, journalistic investigation, publication. Participating in national and international training course for journalists; Making press releases in English and spreading it; Contributing to the international journalistic campaign, which analyses the roots of intolerant attitudes and behavior and promotes public consciousness. Contributing to support and consultation process for journalists after training course. Researching the impact of the trainings for journalists: making questionnaires, analyzing and summarizing results and making recommendations for the improvement. Developing contact list of institutions and organizations related with ethical journalism; Digital and social media campaigns activities.
– Excellent written English skills. Because English language will be one of the tools of activity;
– Has the attitudes and values of human rights;
– Has motivation to work with antiracism campaign. Is interested in social communications, journalism, and advocacy. Is interested to work in civil society organizations in developing advocacy strategies and media activities;
– Has analytical and organizational skills; Motivation to communicate clearly and effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds;
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to email@example.com before the 30.07.2016 with subject “EVS_Vilnius.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”