Duration: 2015-09-01 – 2016-08-31
Hiiumaa Youthwork Center is searching for an active, initiative and cheerful volunteer who would carry out different activities for youngsters.
Hiiumaa Youthwork Center is searching for an active, initiative and cheerful volunteer who would carry out different activities for youngsters. Youthwork Center includes three houses: Kärdla and Kõrgessaare Youth Houses and Counselling Service. The volunteer will work mostly in the Kärdla Youth House.
- …will carry out language/culture course in his/hers mother tongue and socialize with kids in English to develop youngster’s and volunteer’s foreign language skills.
- …will instruct the activities (x-box and wii games, boarding games, billiard, workshops etc) of the youth center, above all the activities for boys. There are lots of families whose fathers work abroad and there is a high prepotency of female workers in the youth institutions, that is why there are not so many activities for boys and their spare time is less fulfilled. Youth House expects volunteer, who has skills and will to involve boys in activities and contrive different activities. The mission of the volunteer is to help youngsters to use their spare time usefully, while being next to them and supervise them. The volunteer will attract them in different activities for example going out for roller skating. He/she can learn how to take responsibility.
- …will help to promote healthy lifestyle
- …will organize and carry out events
The volunteer will have activities outside the youth centre too. For example he/she could carry out activity groups or workshops, language studies (his/her mother tounge) and cultural introduction in Kõrgessaare youth centre and Kärdla’s school. He/she will also help to organize activities and events in Kärdla’s school and Kõrgessaare Youth House.
Besides forementioned learning opportunities, the volunteer will definitely gain experience, organisational knowledge, project writing and leading skills and experience a leader role.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: email@example.com with subject “Kõrgessaare youth centre”.