01.04. 2017– 30.03.2018 (12 months)
Center for contemporary art is a non-governmental, non-profit, independent institution registered in the year 2000. The mission of the centre is to contribute to the accreditation of the contemporary art practices in the Republic of Moldova by the encouragement of the new forms of artistic and cultural expression that would reflect the dynamics of the social, political and economical transformations of the country. The centre focuses on the integration of the local practices in the international cultural circuit. The center is encouraging the new means of artistic expression and usage of new mediums, which we complement with adequate critical theories.
The center has an equipped space for film&video production, room for presentations and space used as a residency for artists. The office of the center is open for the public access, it also opens for public the Moldovan artists’ archive and library. For events that provide a broader audience, such as seminars, conferences and workshops we have established partnership with State University and Art Academy where we use big auditoriums involving students in our events. The center also organize workshops and exhibitions in one of the oldest and the most significant buildings of Chisinau – Zemstvei Museum.
The main activities are: organization of exhibitions, interdisciplinary seminars, conferences, workshops, artists’ presentations, artists exchange programs/residencies, publications of art catalogues, magazines and books, elaboration and implementation of interdisciplinary programs and curses; film, video and TV production; library, archive and videoteque development and maintenance.
The direct target group of the center is the young generation of artists and students, with which we aim to stimulate critical attitude and civic responsibility.
We are in direct contact with students, artists, teachers and professionals from art associations and large public with the aim of educating and promoting lasting relations between professionals and “non-professionals”, artists and large public from Moldova.
Tasks and activities
There are several different levels of involvement that we would be interested to offer to volunteers:
– help in running the office of the center in daily work;
– running and maintaining of the huge public library;
– completing, systematizing and maintenance of the projects archive, artists’ portfolios & data base (incl. the e-version);
– digitalization, systematization maintenance of the films&video collections of the center;
– assisting the artists/curators in residency in Chisinau (helping them to realize their art projects) as part of artist in residency program;
– preparation and implementation of public events, technical assistance (meetings, film screenings, presentations, exhibitions, seminars, conferences, workshops, etc.), coordination of different activities and events of the center;
– graphic design: creation of posters / flyers; – photo / video recording of the events;
– volunteer will also be offered to implement his/her own project within the center or suggest ideas for new projects and programs. In terms of personal small project, proposed by volunteer it could be an exhibition (personal or in group), exploring different media (appropriated to volunteer’s occupation or interest), presentation to wider audience, programs of screening, workshops, etc. As well, the volunteer can also take part as participant in some projects and events of the center.
How to apply
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to email@example.com before the 26.06.2016 with subject “EVS_Chisinau.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”