January 2016 – December 2016
Volunteers will be involved in activities connected with the managementof our network at local and international level.
Just as example, they can be involved in supporting our staff in:
– management of our Facebook pages with professional/business profile and support to awareness campaigns;
– organization of workcamps and youth exchanges in Italy and abroad;
– organization of trainings and seminars in Italy and abroad;
– selection of participants in international seminars and trainings;
– contact with offices of Juvenile Justice
– short training days on volunteering for young offenders
– writing, submitting, managing international youth projects
– book-keeping, accountability and reporting local and international projects
– organization of promotional events/giur/days on volunteering and/or international mobility
Those interested will also have the possibility to actually volunteer in local youth centres for teenagers and kids or in supporting local
We are looking for volunteers who are openminded, who are not willing to do EVS just to have fun in a sunny country and who are willing to learn aspects of the life/environment/projects of an NGO working with and for young people.
We need volunteers who are flexible about time management but still are able to fulfill in due time assigned tasks.
Previous experience in international voluntary sectors (workcamps) is a pluss but not a must.
Basic knowledge of Italian language will facilitate volunteers in their life and work.
Working in IG team can be a very enriching experience, also from the professional point of view. 3 of our current staff members are former EVS.
Volunteers will live in our «volunteers house» together with other EVS and/or IG international staff, in double rooms
Financial conditions as for Erasmus+ Guide
A basic knowledge of Italian language and previous experience in workcamps and/or Youth Exchanges is welcome but not compulsory.
31 August 2015
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “EVS Italy Palermo”