from September 1st, 2015 till August 31st, 2016 (4 candidates)
Introduction: Background and experience
European Universities Games Zagreb – Rijeka 2016 (EUG 2016) is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded by Croatian Academic Sports Federation, Zagreb University Sports Federation and Rijeka University Sports Association in January 2014. Its main aim is to organize European Universities Games Zagreb – Rijeka 2016, event organised under supervision of EUSA, the European University Sports Association. (to see more: www.eusa.eu )
European Universities Games will take place in the cities of Zagreb and Rijeka in July, 2016. As a student sports manifestation on an international level with the prominence of the largest sporting event in the history of the Republic of Croatia and most important social-academic event in Europe in 2016, European Universities Games acts as a powerful catalyst of changes of student life in Croatia and in Europe.
Through 15 days in July 2016, more than 5000 students from 45 European countries and 250 different universities will compete in 23 different sports, including 2 sports for students with disabilities. (more info on EUG 2016: https://www.facebook.com/eug2016 )
As above mentioned, EUG 2016 was founded by three other NGO-s: Croatian Academic Sports Federation, Zagreb University Sports Federation and Rijeka University Sports Association. Members of this three NGO’s have a leading role in EUG 2016. So, even though we were founded just a year ago, we as a team have great experience in organizing big national and international events and are fully dedicated to organization of European Universities Games 2016.
The Croatian Academic Sports Federation belongs at the top European federations based on the activities and the quality of the projects implemented in the area of student sport. Throughout the year, we organize more than 30 different national student sport events bringing together more than 12.000 student athletes. Some of the most important are:
– Croatian University Sport Championship (22 sports, more than 2.500 participants)
– Student Sports Day (parallel held in 6 cites, 5.000 participants)
– St. Duje’s Regatta (Split, an international rowing regatta, 500 participants)
– University Eights Race (Zagreb, an international rowing regatta, 400 participants)
– Conferences, seminars and educational workshops bringing together more than 3.000 participants per year.
In addition to national sporting events, we are also very active in the organization of European and world universities championships.
Up to date, we organized:
– 5th World University Rowing Championship, Zagreb, 1998
– 7th European Universities Volleyball Championship, Rijeka, 2007
– 4th European Universities Rowing Championship, Zagreb, 2008
– 1st European Universities Bridge Championship, Opatija, 2009
– 7th European Universities Futsal Championship, Zagreb, 2010
– 6th European Universities Handball Championship. Rijeka, 2011
– 12th European Universities Basketball Championship, Split, 2013
– 3rd European Universities Bridge Championship, Kraljevica 2013
– 7th World University Bridge Championship, Opatija 2014
In 2015, Croatia will host:
– 11th European Universities Football Championship, Osijek
– 4th European Universities Taekwondo Championship, Opatija
In 2017, Split will host first ever combined European Universities Championships in Basketball 3×3, Beach Volleyball and Sport Climbing gathering more than 500 participants from all over Europe.
As abovementioned, we use sport as a platform to promote healthy lifestyle, physical activity and social inclusion. We aim to include students with disabilities in our activities. By promoting voluntary activities, fight against doping, violence and discrimination as well
In our office in Zagreb, six persons are employed full time and are being responsible for managing international relations, volunteers and legal affairs, marketing, PR, projects and administration. By the end of 2015, we have intention to employ four more persons, and in 2015 ten more.
Beside this, our organization consist of several bodies described hereunder:
– Organizing Committee (appointed on the proposal of the CASF on 1st August 2013th, at the assembly of the Government of the Republic of Croatia; Organizing Committee represents an advisory body for the implementation of the EUG 2016; The Prime Minister of the Republic of Croatia is president of the Organizing Committee, President of the Republic of Croatia is Honorary President; other members are ministers from Croatian Government, representatives
of Croatian Olympic Committee and other relevant sport organizations, Mayors of City of Zagreb and Rijeka etc.)
– General Assembly (representatives of Croatian Academic Sports Federation, Zagreb University Sports Federation and Rijeka University Sports Association)
– Executive Committee (representatives of Croatian Academic Sports Federation, Croatian Olympic Committee, University of Zagreb and University of Rijeka, national sport federations)
– Coordination (Operative body, responsible for the implementation of activities)
– Supervisory Board (representatives of Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia, Ministry of Finances of the Republic of Croatia, Croatian Academic Sports Federation and cities of Zagreb and Rijeka)
For the purposes of preparation and implementation of European Universities Games 2016, following departments have been established:
– Volunteers Department
– Projects Department
– PR Department
– Marketing Department
– Sports Department
– Finance and Legal Affairs Department
– Medical Department.
– IT Department
In the upcoming period, following departments will be established as well:
– Accommodation and Catering Department
– Security Department
– Protocol Department
– Social and Cultural Activities Department.
Experience of our members gained through organization of international events ensures that we as organization can efficiently respond to any kind of challenges. Different types of experts from various fields are actively involved in organization of European Universities Games 2016 and their assistance can be provided at any time.
Volunteers will work in a spacious office together with the rest of EUG 2016 team. Personal desk, laptop, printer, scanner, mobile phone with Croatian number and other technical necessities will be provided to volunteer. Also, we will take care about his/her privacy during working hours.
We are interested to cooperate with organizations and individuals active in youth field. Projects and activities carried out by EUG 2016 aim to promote sport and physical activity, social equity and social inclusion in and through sport, gender equality and sport for students with disabilities. By promoting European dimension in sport, voluntary activities, fight against any kind of violence and discrimination, transparent financing and good governance in sport, we want to actively contribute to further development of EU sport policies.
Voluntary service in EUG 2016 provides volunteers with unique opportunity to participate in events prior, during and after European Universities Games 2016. Taking in consideration international dimension of the project, volunteers are given a possibility to gain wide range of skills, competences and experience through their active engagement in all departments of organization.
Activities carried out by volunteers include:
1) opportunity to participate in organisation and coordination of sport activities and other events (i.e. educational seminars, conferences, workshops) organized under auspices of CASF and EUG 2016;
2) communication with international partners (students, universities, NGO’s, youth organizations, sport federations etc.); daily based communication with EUG2016 partners; emails and official letters; communicating by phone, skype or during live meetings
3) managing social media and website; creating and publishing content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and webiste.
4) preparation and editing of the newsletter, brochures, handbooks and other publications; creating content of mentioned publications; collecting information and images; writing articles.
5) collecting data and creating data base; collecting and analysing different type of data (bibliographic, full-text, numeric, images etc.), organizing and systematizing so that it can be easily accessed, managed and updated.
During European Universities Games, volunteers will be given chance to work in folowing parts of organisation:
-cultural and social activities
-media, marketing and photo
-finances and administration
-medical aid and anti – doping
-accommodation and catering
Volunteers will develop following competences:
-experience in organization of national and international events
-develop effective communication skills
-develop specific knowledge in the field of social media
-develop specific knowledge in the field of marketing
-develop specific knowledge in the field of photo
-develop basic knowledge in project management office
-develop basic knowledge in project management cycle
Together with volunteer and sending organization we will discuss how to improve mobility experience in order to achieve best possible result.
All this activities present an opportunity for volunteer to develop personal skills and competences, to gain knowledge and experience.
For abovementioned activities, EUG 2016 will provide a mentor and supervisor for the volunteer, offering both professional and personal support to him/her.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can send to: email@example.com with subject “EVS Croatia Sports”