Hola amigos! Os presentamos esta interesante oportunidad SVE en Bélgica de entre 9 y 12 meses. Durante el voluntariado te ocuparas de organizar actividades de animación para personas con discapacidad intelectual.
The hosting organisation, located in Wiers near the Belgian-French border, is an association that welcomes slightly mentally handicapped adults, primarily from France.
The philosophy of the host organization is to host people with intellectual disabilities within a small unit, regardless of race, religion, ideology and social class. The institution strives to be the most flexible in the type of applications and the profile of residents.
The life of the residents is organized to give as much as possible a family atmosphere in the community context.
The association is located in an old converted farmhouse, which can also involve people with intellectual disabilities in activities of gardening and small breeding.
In no case, the participation of these volunteers will be in substitution of the activities reserved for the nursing personnel male or caregiver.
The tasks of the volunteers are mainly focused on the «relational one» through:
– activities of animation (representing more than 60% of the time of the volunteers) such as: parlour games, painting, gardening, small animal breeding, craft activities, etc.
– support of the persons for the meals and the walks.
The general mission consists in accompanying a group of about 20 mentally handicapped persons in the tasks of the everyday life. The activities organized with our residents can proceed outside: sport activities, swimming pool, horse riding.
The activity of the morning proceeds between 10h and 11h45 and that of the afternoon from 14 until 15h30. Its role is to take part in the various activities and animations with the animators. It could of course bring its own ideas of animation.
And outside of these periods, it accompanies the handicapped people during meal, hygiene cares and other tasks of their daily life.The tasks are foreseen between 8h and 16h, with a maximum of 6 Hr by day.
The activities are for 5 days a week.
The volunteers can take part in the service on Sunday and on the public holidays. The recovery days are then envisaged during the week.
Two weeks of leave are foreseen per period of 6 months.
An example of a typical day in the institution. The volunteer will organize its weekly program with the collaboration of the educational team
9.30: organizing the activity / workshop
10.00: animation of an activity / workshop with or without an other educator
12h00: lunch (he eats with educators and residents)
14:00: animation of an activity / workshop with or without an other educator
15:30: End – free time
The volunteer will organize his week himself with the collaboration of the educational team.
Exemple of a volunteer’s week:
– Monday: Morning – Animation of a musical workshop.
Afternoon – Accompanying a group to the swimming pool.
– Tuesday: 10h till 15h30 – Day in La Louvière to accompany our residents to the Netball championship (organized by the General Federation of Adapted sports).
– Wednesday: Morning and afternoon – Animation of a workshop specific to the volunteer.
– Thursday: Morning and afternoon – Animation of a workshop specific to the volunteer.
– Friday:Morning – Team meeting
Afternoon – relaxation workshop
The volunteers take part in the meetings or debriefings and preparation of the weekly envisaged animation programs. A team meeting is organized one Friday on two.
One intensive period of training can be envisaged according to the level of knowledge of the French (only when the service period starts on September) and can be followed by regular weekly courses. The program of the service will be adapted consequently.
– If possible basic knowledge of French
– The interest of the volunteer for a social purpose mission, centered on the disabled people
– Ability to live in a rural region.
– This profile is assessed jointly by the coordinating and host Org -based on the application file and on a telephone interview with the candidates.
The project will start on the 5th of September and the duration is between 9 and 12 months.
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included. We give you creative ideas about how to create a good CV in English.
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
– The application form filled in. You can download it here.
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Wiers. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is 26th of February 2016.