Te facilitamos información sobre el Servicio Voluntario Europeo en una guardería de Irlanda, de larga duración.
We would like to carry out this project to provide an alternative and holistic form of early years education to our local community.
The project – Thomastown Community Kindergarten – is a Steiner Waldorf based Kindergarten and its aim is to provide a warm, nurturing environment to children aged 2.5+ – like a home away from home. The aim of Steiner Waldorf education is to educate the whole child, head, heart and hands. The Steiner Waldorf early years curriculum is broad and balances the needs of children.
It achieves its objectives by encouraging/facilitating learning through play, emphasis on nature-based play, the maintenance of daily and weekly rhythms and unhurried learning.
We will have 2 volunteers at the project and the activity will last for one year – from 1 July to 30 June. The profile of the volunteer will be
• Interested in working with young children
• Interested in the Steiner method of education and interested in learning more about it
• Interested in Childcare/teaching as a career
• Have skills or interests that could be easily transferrable into learning experiences while in the Kindergarten e.g. volunteers with an interest in arts and craft, music, gardening, cooking, fundraising, blogging,
• Have interests that match activities available in Thomastown e.g. choir, art, sport, environment
• Show an interest in taking on projects and getting involved in groups.
• Have shown some initiative in previous activities undertaken – some volunteering experience however short the time period.
To facilitate language learning and cultural exchange we do not chose volunteers with the same language or from the same country.
The volunteer will work alongside members who are responsible for the overall well-being of the children. The volunteer is an extra person in the Kindergarten and his or her role will be to assist in the Kindergarten sessions in the mornings as well as to help the management committee (parents) with many other activities involved in running this project.
The volunteer will attend a weekly meeting where the past week’s work will be reviewed and the coming week’s work will be planned. This is a central part of the reflective and planning process.
The volunteer will be actively involved in the Kindergarten from 8.45 to 13.45 each day. In the afternoon/evening, he or she will work on a variety of tasks along with teacher / volunteer parent body who are responsible for the running of the Kindergarten or will meet with her mentor or spending time on her own project/journaling.
Building Bridges Association members will have preference, please enroll to the association here.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Application form
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month)
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one.
Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
All documents written in english you can attach below with subject “EVS.Thomastown.TU NOMBRE Y APELLIDOS» to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com
Vive una experiencia rural en el sur de los Alpes con todo pagado
Voluntariado residencia mayores en Francia
Deja una respuesta
You must be logged in to post a comment.