Spanish and Italian volunteers wanted for GREEN EVS project in Romania
Foundation have an approved EVS project we are looking for 4 young volunteers for our approved EVS project.
Period of EVS SERVICE 04.01 – 01.10.2017 – 9 Months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS – 10 December 2016
The EVS project is called – “The green city project” and for this 10 months project we look for 2 volunteers from Italy and 2 volunteers from Spain
Tasks of volunteers
A. assist our team of volunteers in creating and maintaining a tree and an arbust nursery . Trees we grow here will be planted later in the project in schools, in public spaces during voluntary activities where we encourage kids, young people and families to participate in community work.
We grow here local trees and bushes and the nursery itslef is a place where we bring kids for education about trees. We grow here trees and arbusts that are local and able to survive local climate conditions.
B. help us in developing the Oradea city Guide on how to plant and maintain trees and bushes This guide is a support tool designed to help people from our community learn about trees and bushes (typology, how and where to plant, how to maintain). This guide once created we will lobby the local authorities to become a recognized tool for our community.
C. assist Life Youth Foundation team in organising community actions where we plant trees and bushes in public spaces and work together with 4 community groups to create and maintain a green space as example for greening the city
Here is important that we regularly wet and maintain the trees and bushes we plant.
D. cooperate with local volunteers in preparing and organising workshops for kids 2-6 grades about trees and their benefits
How is your program ?
Saturday and Sunday are free days, but sometimes (once per month evs volunteers will have to participate in activities Saturday and they will have a free day Monday).
6 hours per day is your daily program where 1 hour is for lunch.
Where ? – in Oradea city and Bihor County, Romania.
With whom you will work ?
The 4 EVS volunteers will work side by side with youthworkers and local volunteers from our organization.
Our youth workers are experienced in organising local campaigns, in organising voluntary activities for kids / youth / adults from our community and mixed groups, experienced in creating educational materials and activities, in managing voluntary work, experienced in management of EVS projects.
What we offer
– learning environment where EVS volunteers can learn skills they can use in educational activities for kids, in developing voluntary activities, skills related to planting and maintaining trees and bushes especially in urban environment, – -how to work with community groups and local organizations
– support in developing team skills and intercultural learning skills
– an experince in an intercultural environment – that creates skills you can use in working in intercultural – international teams / project developed by /in organizations and companies
– travel costs covered according to Erasmus+ rules – maximum covered -> (Spain – 360 Euro;
– we cover accommodation and utilities in apartments we rent in Oradea city( each volunteer has his/ her own room, facilities in apartment for cooking, washing clothes, internet)
-we offer 60 Euro / month Pocket money and 120 Euro monthly allowance for food
-local transport covered (bicycle or monthly local bus and tram pass)
-every volunteer has medical insurance for the whole period of services
Profile of volunteers
– young people, boys or girls 18-30 years from Italy, Spain
– young people passionate about working with trees and bushes
-young people capable and willing to have regular physical work ( the tree nursery and activities when we plant trees and bushes require a small amount of effort in digging holes for trees, wetting trees)
– young people interested to work with kids and adolescents, about developing non formal educational activities, young people willing to work on topics like environment protection and green cities young people with leadership skills, willing to learn and self motivated, open minded and curious in challenging ideas.
– young people capable of speaking in English at least on a basic level (conversational) and enough to develop the proposed activities, especially to communicate with evs volunteers and the youthworkers involved in the project
– priority will be given to young people passionate about the project who come from disadvantaged areas ( families who face economic obstacles, young people from rural areas, young people with social disadvantaged background, young people unemployed from at least 9 months )
How to apply
Building Bridges users and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
We also like to see something which really shows your personality. Think of a video message or something like that 🙂 We ask you to do this before December 31, because we unfortunately do not have the capacity to take into consideration all emails sent after this date. So try to stand out! Be creative!
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Romania Marius Environment. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com