01/09/2017 – 07/07/2018
The Montessori School was created in 2013. It is located in Die (Drôme), a small alpine town (5000 inhabitants). Our school welcomes each year 15 to 20 pupils aged from 3 to 6.
The school team is made of two Montessori teachers and an EVS volunteer. The organization (mainly parents) oversees the everyday smooth running of the school life.
The volunteer accompanies the children all along the day.
– observing the morning Montessori activities
– care of children, helping with dressing/undressing, putting their shoes on and off, bathroom, hand washing, etc.
– accompagnying during free game times in the garden
– taking lunch with them (and the teaching team)
– accompanying during the afternoon nap
– preparing and participating to afternoon workshops on educational education (optional)
– welcoming the parents after school / accompanying children leaving the school
The volunteer can develop his/her own project, according to his/her competences and wishes, with the agreement of the school team.
The volunteer ensures a part of the house school maintenance.
– preparing the canteen for lunch : set/unset the table with pupils, wash the dishes (washing machine)
– heating the meal (already prepared)
– washing the small school laundry(washing machine)
– participating in the school cleaning
We are looking for a volunteer
– enthusiastic to be working with 3 to 6 aged children,
– who applies respect for him/herself, respect for others, and respect for environment in his/her everyday life,
– enthusiastic to share with young children his/her language and culture,
– sensitive to environmental education questions,
– independent since he/she is accomodated inside the school house, cooks for him/herself and is self-sufficient regarding transport (foot, bike or train).
The EVS is organised on the school schedule, from 8:30 to 16:45 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Building Bridges users and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
[button color=»purple» link=»https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83534036/Motivation%20letter%20EVS.doc» size=»bigger» target=»_blank» icon=»momizat-icon-pencil»]Motivation letter[/button]
[button color=»orange2″ link=»https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqd30j12iat0quv/AAASMnNxA1tknyAl63Y6emnOa?dl=0″ size=»bigger» target=»_blank» icon=»momizat-icon-file3″]Application form Building Bridges[/button]
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS France Terres Céline. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com