Tenemos una interesante oportunidad SVE en un centro de información juvenil. Se requiere estar dispuestos a trabajar en equipo, tener iniciativa y una mentalidad abierta. Esta es una oportunidad única para poner en marcha tus proyectos de vida.
01.09. 2016 – 30.06. 2017 (10 months)
The Bureau Information Jeunesse (BIJ) a not-for-profit organization. The BIJ is a youth information centre which is a part of a network of 1500 info spot throughout France.
Its main goals is inform youngsters between 16 and 35 and caters to the needs of young people on subjects such as education, vocational training, jobs, employment, cultural offering or sporting events. But also on issues like housing and health or even individual rights or international mobility (jobs, voluntary participation, education and work or training placement).
Apart from that, the BIJ yearly publishes :
– 2 guide books “Jeunes à Brest”(Youngters in Brest) and “Etudiants étrangers – Vivre à Brest” (Foreign student – Live in Brest).
– On leaflet “Jobs d’été – mode d’emploi” (Summer jobs – Instruction).
– Team work: Not only will the volunteers work with the archivist/leader in charge of the international sector but also will work with the other staff members according to the demand and will be able to join the team of the BIJ.
– Learning French language and knowledge of both French and Brittany cultures.
The volunteers will attend language class weekly. Due to their immersion in a foreign country, the volunteers will discover and learn both French and Brittany cultures.
– Computer skills, data processing, organization, communication, which are needed for putting in place the BIJ activities.
– Self-knowledge: by finding themselves in a new environment and by thinking in their future.
Activity time and holidays:
The volunteers’ activities (working period of time) will not take more than 35 hours a week.
The volunteers will have 2 consecutive free days per week, on Saturday and Sunday.
Due to big events organized by the BIJ they might be exceptionally asked to work on week-ends.
Besides, they will have 2 days off per month.
Tasks and activities
– The “Café international”: a monthly event for people who either already have a project abroad or already had an experience of the kind and wishing to share it. The volunteer will be asked to organize it jointly with the “Café international” manager in charge of this event. As a consequence, he will have to search for the discussion theme and for partners (caregivers, participants, support and so on) getting in touch with them, as well as organizing the whole event (necessary material) and attending it. The volunteers will be encouraged to show initiative, and get themselves fully involved in this task, for example, by making a presentation of their own country, their culture and/or their “EVS” experience during a dedicated evening.
– Paper review on international topics
The volunteer will help to do the papers review on international topics by collecting or by making a selection of the articles and by archiving them chronologically.
– The youth and international days
This is a yearly event that has been organized by the BIJ for 8 years. Its goal being to make international projects easier for youngsters to prepare. The volunteer will help to organize the days.
– Taking part of the international projects of the BIJ (training course, seminars) which are always different from one year to the next one
The volunteers will be joining the various usual projects of the BIJ. If they are willing to do it, they will attend the Youth European exchange in which the BIJ is a partner. As an example, every year the BIJ is used to replying to offers from these other European partners’ network, and that is the kind of initiative to which, volunteers can be associated.
– Outside interventions
The BIJ gets to intervene in high school, higher education schools, forums, according to the demand and to the theme or the topics including international sector. That’s the reason why the volunteer may be ask to make a presentation of their own native country, by describing their culture or their EVS experiences for example.
– Personal international project
The volunteers will have the opportunity of putting in place an international project related to the Youth in action (YIA) program. This project will be supported by the BIJ.
The BIJ does not request a specific qualification or any language skill. But a basic knowledge in English and/or in French would be a big plus in order to make the communication easier.
The volunteers must be feeling like working with youngsters, besides they must also have the will of getting involved into the activities that are held in the BIJ.
How to apply
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”.
Please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 16.03.2016 with subject“EVS_BREST.YOUR NAME.YOUR SURNAME”