Short term European Solidarity Corps project took place in Latinovac, Croatia. It involved 15 volunteers from France, Spain, United Kingdom, Lithuania, Greece, Belgium, Italy and Austria. Project activities started on September 7th and finished on November 6th 2020.
The main goal of the project was to promote intercultural values and volunteering through participation in local festivals, and to provide support to Eco Center Latinovac capacity in permaculture education.
As we all know, the year of 2020 is full of surprises. Project team of Eco Center Latinovac will remember the 2020 autumn for having a great group of 15 young people all over Europe.
The project took an unexpected turn right at the start – planned participation in the two festivals – Aurea Festival and European Day of Languages were cancelled.
Did that discourage our volunteers? Did they lose motivation? Nope. The amazing and creative people that volunteered did a lot. And then some more! They were working literally until the last hours of the project.“
We are very proud to list all of the results of the project during the two month of activities:
– participation in European Day of Languages
- creating video content – Corona dance
- invitation to the Tree of Wishes activity
- translating the articles written by the children
- design of the newsletter
– organised Fall Festival 2020. – a one day public activity with 50 visitors, local producers, NGOs and performers
– permaculture education total of 20 activities in theory and practice
- 2 introductory education videos:
- Hot composting
- No-dig Gardening
- carbon footprint
- food preservation
- tree planting
– 6 successfully completed personal projects (3 individual and 3 team projects)
– 5 intercultural recipe videos made – Italian, Austrian, English, Belgium and French
– 3 ESC ambassador visits were made to local NGOs to promote volunteering and European Solidarity Corps
– 9 activities helping in the local community – firewood stacking, roof repairs, house renovations, corn storing
– volunteers have participated in the making of the video that will be used for the schools of Jakšić, Kaptol and Čaglin, as part of the project “Volunteering Caravan” and video about “Tree of Wishes” made with cooperation of schools Jakšić and Trenkovo
Volunteering contribution was made by the students of Crafts High school in Požega, who got indirectly involved in the European Day of Languages by making a symbolic number of masks for the participants of the activities.
Project and the activities were funded by the EU Commission and Agency for Mobility and EU Programmes as part of European Solidarity Corps and ERASMUS+, and Ministry of Demographics, Family, Youth and Social Policy.