Dare to Diversity …
12-13 May (preparatory vist for 2 members of Building Bridges)
20 to 27 June 2016 (exchange)
The location will be Saintes in France.
We are seeing more and more, a lack of openness among young people (about other cultures, the outside world, etc ..). It reflects today’s society where some of rejected or absent in decision-making bodies or representation populations is a fact that it is essential to consider and fight. More and more families living in poverty see poverty and do not have the necessary means to establish permanent contacts with others and in addition from elsewhere. Thus, they can not live international mobility, and learn from different cultures. Precariousness condemns autarky harmful to social life.
Youth has its expressions tools of its own, and we must support them on issues of diversity so that this issue is taken into account naturally in the years to come. This issue will be the great challenge of tomorrow’s world, especially in Europe where nationalism is taking dangerous turns.
Young people members of Building Bridges between 18-25 years old.
The participation of young people is the main idea of this project. We want to encourage young people to discuss, exchange to promote tolerance and fight against all forms of discrimination and racism. At the end of this week, they will present a dance during the celebration of diversity in an international atmosphere. With this project, we would like to integrate young people from different social backgrounds and cultures to have an international experience.
During one week we will work together on issues of cultural diversity and intercultural workshops in a variety but also in an informal setting.
Young people will be aged 18-25 years, from Spain members of Building Bridges. Each country will consist of eight youth and two people responsible for framing. We have often found that the diversity of different groups of young people does not happen spontaneously. Yet we know that all teenagers are looking for building whatever their origin or their social environment. The need for expression is not specific to a category, but through everyone teens and young adults. Thus, for initiating and preparing them for adult life flourished in the difference we want to work with young people who had little or no opportunities in the multicultural area.
The objectives in this exchange are:
• Promote exchanges between young people from different social backgrounds and cultures
• Promote the expression of the young audience through dance and discovery of cultural heritage
• Enhance the work of those who are easily stigmatized or discriminated against and from elsewhere
• Transform the image of the neighborhood and its inhabitants
• Enrich the diversity and contribution of migrant populations
• Fight against racism and discrimination
• Exchanging and sharing through dance
And we also plan to workshops on issues of diversity, multiculturalism, discrimination … more dance workshops which is our flagship tool to create dialogue, sharing and exchange.
Logistics of the workshops we have local Saintes made available by our partner and the city of Saintes. We have trained facilitators to lead the workshops.
Neighborhood problems are mainly originated in the lack of diversity, but also the lack of movement of people even within their city: It’s «ghettoization.» The youth meeting will be a great moment when they will be able to meet people from different countries and cultures around African dance workshops. The main idea is to exchange through dance. Young people do not need to have knowledge on the subject but just want to dance.
During already 3 years we are locally organizing modules for formation around diversity, interculturality and education of the citizenship. Moreover we are intervening in schools in the city of Saintes.
Our assiciation is following these objectives:
– to promote the Afro-African culture through dance (salsa, afro-jazz, African dance), the music and the singing
– to form animators who lead projects about diversity
– to promote the intercultural learning
– to discover this culture by providing workshops and internships of introduction
– to produce lively spectacles
– to create all the legal activities to allow the evolution of the association Arts en Mouvement
Since 3 years l’association Arts en Mouvement has organized an international festival to animate the city, to promote intercultural exchanges and diversity, to create moments of dialogue with the population of the country Val Saintonge.
We are more and more turned towards the European actions by participating in exchanges, Training Courses and seminaries. The mobility of our voluntaries pushed us indirectly towards the wish to organize these Training Courses. This reinforced the European citizenship of our members and they want to participate and organize actions. We have meetings day to day.
Accommodation and lodging covered by 100% by the Erasmus +. The accommodation place was not finalized yet. So, you will receive another info pack later.
Travel expenses partially or entirely covered by Erasmus + (the amount depends of the route to the venue of the training). Total amount for return ticket 170€
The exchange will be implemented in the framework of the EU Erasmus+ Programme, and travel expenses will be reimbursed to all participants according to travel limits set by the Erasmus+ Programme. If you stay within the given budget, your expenses will be covered 100%, and if you spend more, the exceeding amount will be your own contribution to your travel. Please find the maximum amounts participants can spend to travel to Budapest or to the venue in Felsőtárkány.
The reimbursement of your travel and visa costs will be organised on the spot in cash (EUR) during the training course, so please bring all necessary documents and receipts to make the process easier. (The participation fee, 25 € will be deducted from the sum.)
Accommodation and food during the training course will be fully covered. Insurance is obligatory and should be arranged and covered by each participant and will not be reimbursed. We reccommend «SegurosErasmus» which is the cheapest one.
!! Important: Consult the organisers before buying tickets. Only ticket options approved by the organisers will be reimbursed.
All traveling, accommodation, catering costs are covered by the Erasmus + Programme. For other expenses (souvenirs, extra food) each participant should bring money as much as he/she thinks will be needed.
The necessary documents:
If all documents provided (original ticket, boarding passes….) the reimbursement will be done at the end of the project. If not, after the course, by bank transfer.
– If they will have return ticket in their own country. Ask them to buy while coming to the project.
– Taxis will not be reimbursement.
– We need your all receipts, tickets and boarding passes (for both ways). So when you are coming, keep them. After the project you should send us (scanned by email and originals by post) all the tickets and boarding passes of the travel back home.
– Insurance will be participants’ responsibility. We reccommend www.seguroserasmus.com if you travel from Spain
● Taking into account the educational kind of the project, it is forbidden to use alcohol and other drugs during the project activities.
● The project assumes that attendance in all activities for all the participants must be 100%. Failure to attend the activities may result in our inability to reimburse the travel expenses.
– Please bring information to present your NGO in the NGO fair. Do not forget to bring materials about your organisation (leaflets, posters, photos, videos, CD-ROMs, etc)
You can share your projects, best practices,…..
– We will create a booklet of the project which will include all the NGOs participating to the project. So, we kindly ask you to send us 1 page information and 1 or 2 pictures and logo of your NGO. So, we can deliver it to even after the project.
– Please prepare to present your country on the inter-cultural evening; some foods, posters, games, music….. (There is no opportunity to use the kitchen for preparing food).
The participants are expected to attend the whole duration of the project and participate in all activities. If an emergency happens and you need to be absent for a short time, the team should be informed in advance. Please use the free time for meeting friends. If you miss any part of the course only without a valid reason (illness or unforeseen grave circumstances) and without informing the team and/or if you cause major problems for the team and or the participant group, the team will have to take measures going from partial refunding of the tuition, travel expenses, board and lodging by the participant up to exclusion from the course in extreme situations.
Please note that during the course the team have the authority to take decisions in a day-to-day life as well as the arrangement of the programme.
Building Bridges members and/or long term unemployed (proved by scanned document) will have preference to this volunteer service.
You should complete registration in 2 steps:
1. Please send your application form, CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with subject «Exchange Diversity Esprit Saintes«. Remember to write in the motivation letter that your sending institution is “Asociación Building Bridges”. All documents written in english you can send to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Exchange Diversity Esprit Saintes“. We give you creative ideas about how to create a good CV in English.
Selected participants will receive the detailed infosheet after the selection process.
2. Pay the registration fee (40€) by Paypal or bank transfer to :Asociación Building Bridges, CIF G85466886. This registration fee includes one year membership to our National and International activities.
* It is compulsory to send application form, CV and motivation letter and pay the registration fee at the same time in order to be within the pre-selection process.
If you are not selected by the sending or hosting organisation, we will reimburse the fee. Please see conditions of Erasmus+ grants
Payment by bank: Asociacion Building Bridges
IBAN / BIC:
ES67 0081 1534 5900 0116 4823 / BSAB ESBB
[tabs style=»h1″ icon_current_color=»#81d742″]
[tab title=»Álvaro en Cerdeña» icon=»momizat-icon-bubbles4″ ]En el momento que vi en la web de Yes Europa la posibilidad de hacer con una beca Erasmus+ un Training Course sobre inclusión social, sostenibilidad y revitalización cultural y económica a través de la educación no formal no dudé y me apunté rápidamente. Tuve la suerte de que me confirmaron una plaza… Seguir leyendo[/tab]
[tab title=»Carlos e Isabel en su SVE social» icon=»momizat-icon-accessibility» ]Hola! estamos en Irlanda en un proyecto SVE social con nuestro amigo Billy, al que cuidamos… Seguir leyendo[/tab]
[tab title=»Vídeo de Alejandro» icon=»momizat-icon-wink2″ ]Te presentamos a nuestro voluntario SVE Alejandro Robles en Tesalonica (Grecia) durante su Servicio Voluntario Europeo en BALKANS (Tesalónica)… Seguir leyendo[/tab]
[tab title=»Fotos» icon=»momizat-icon-point-up» ]
Mira las fotos de nuestros voluntarios en Madrid y Europa… Ver fotos[/tab]
[tab title=»María de SVE en Córcega» icon=»momizat-icon-star» ]Con el frío, Corsica se recoge hacia las montañas. Ya no hay turistas en la costa, los locales aprovecharon los… Seguir leyendo[/tab]
[tab title=»Alicia en Polonia» icon=»fa-icon-rocket» ]Han pasado tres meses desde que empezó mi aventura de Servicio Voluntario Europeo en Polonia, mis días aquí son intensos… Seguir leyendo[/tab]
Deja una respuesta
You must be logged in to post a comment.