Te traemos una nueva oferta de voluntariado Rumanía refugiados y discapacitados visuales en una de las ciudades más atractivas de Rumania, Arad. Contamos con la colaboración de uno de nuestros mejores socios allí, una organización experimentada.
«European Community Support Service»
Arad is situated on the West part of Romania, 50 km far from Hungarian border, being the 13th biggest city of Romania, with around 200.000 citizens.
In the past Arad was called “little Vienna” because the architecture from the center of the 2 cities were quite similar.
The river that runs through the city is called Mureș.
The project will unfold on a 1st and 2nd flow:
The main activities of the project will be two EVS youth mobilities. In each of them, 10 EVS volunteers will be hosted in Arad and Timisoara.
The project aims at ensuring the well-being and integration of marginalised young people in the Arad area while also providing personal development opportunities for young people in Europe.
To achieve this, during the stage, the volunteers will be working directly with the target group: persons with visual and mental disabilities, refugees and asylum seekers, persons coming from a disadvantaged background (economical, family, geographical), people belonging to different ethnic groups (mainly Roma).
The first mobility will start on 01.09.2018 and the second mobility will start in 01.02.2019. The duration of each will be of 7 months. We chose to have two mobilities as this format will contribute more to the project and Erasmus+ objectives, by: – allowing more young people to participate (rather than having one very long mobility, having two medium ones will allow more youngsters to engage in working with vulnerable groups and develop personally and professionally.
The specific activities will be depending on the local partner they will choose to work with, however the options are the following:
1. ASPIS Volunteers will be working for integrating persons with low mental disabilities through work. They will help the beneficiaries working in the herbs garden, do their daily activities (travelling to and from the place, dining, going shopping etc), do different leisure activities (swimming, going to local events, volunteering etc), help with different therapies (like arts therapy).
Also, they will help organise the after-school programme of the association, by facilitating different non-formal workshops with the youngsters.
2. The Arad Blind’s Association Volunteers will be offering services to persons with visual impairments from Arad, like: guiding to different events, helping them in their daily living, organising different workshops (e.g. sighted guiding, English, handicrafts, dancing, healthy life-style), doing adapted sport activities (tandem biking, bowling, chess, backgammon, etc.). Also, volunteers will be doing different non-formal workshops with the youngsters from the Sf. Maria Special School for the Blind.
3. AID-ROM Volunteers will help in the inclusion of asylum seekers and refugees in the Romanian society by: helping them with the daily living (managing the grants with whom they are provided and the associated responsibilities), organising the integration workshops with the Romanian staff and volunteers, helping them with the bureaucratic process, doing leisure and non-formal activities with child refugees etc.
4. Gulliver kindergarten and Curtici cultural center – Volunteers will be doing animation and offering educational activities to young people from, some of which are with different disabilities and/or coming from disadvantaged backgrounds, especially rural underdeveloped areas. For them they will be organising different non-formal after-school and cultural programmes (e.g. language courses, handicraft and arts workshops, healthy life-style, outdoor activities, visits to different cultural institutions, career days etc.) For each activity, the partners and coordinating organisation will ensure the adequate professional training of the volunteers.
The transversal activities will be organised by all the volunteers, and will include:
– workshops and other activities for providing community education in the field of inclusion for marginalised youngsters. Following a dedicated training, volunteers will organise in local schools and youth centers different activities that raise the awareness and make people more empathic on the realities that people with fewer opportunities face;
– fund-raising events for the partner associations;
– independent volunteering activities (that the EVS volunteers will choose themselves, according to their interests and the local opportunities they will identify);
– intercultural events in which volunteers will promote their culture and the European values in general to their beneficiaries and other youngsters from Arad Both mobilities will follow the same programme. Where necessary/appropriate, the beneficiaries will change.
Are you eligible?
Are you between 17 and 30 years old?
Do you want to develop yourself?
Are you wiling to ofer your time, abilities and energy to the hosting community?
If your answer is yes to these questions then you are 🙂
Accommodation – 2 persons/room in a shared flat with other volunteers. Common bathroom & kitchen. Access to Internet.
Meal – you will receive a monthly food allowance so you can arrange your own meals.
Local Transportation – you will receive a monthly tram ticket valid on all tram lines.
It’s not necessary to take a big luggage, because you will have the possibility to wash your clothes. Take whatever you consider necessary.
Bring your own:
-Laptop (indicated, you will have journalistic activities as well);
-Medicine (if you are on a specific treatment);
You have several possibilities to get to ARAD :
TIMIȘOARA AIRPORT (60 km from Arad);
In case you arrive here, a member of the association will be in the airport waiting for you.
BUDAPEST AIRPORT (260 km from Arad);
In case you arrive here, a driver will wait for you and take you to Arad, to your accommodation place where one of the members of the association will wait for you. The driver is from a company specialized with airport transfers, so they are professionals.
ARAD TRAIN STATION – you can come by train too.
ARAD BUS STATION
You can come to Arad by bus if you are traveling from countries such as: Spain, Italy, France, Germany etc
We will study carefully all application and selected candidates will be invite for Skype interview. The selection of volunteers will take place in the coming weeks.
For the selection of the volunteers we will need:
– Europass CV with picture (made in the last month) with skype name included
– Motivational letter, writing that your sending organisation will be “Building Bridges”. We ask all candidates to send a specific letter of motivation – why they want to volunteer with us rather than just a general EVS one. The volunteer is chosen according to his/her motivation and interest to the project and to the activities. It will be paid special attention to cover letters.
[button color=»purple» link=»https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqd30j12iat0quv/AAASMnNxA1tknyAl63Y6emnOa?dl=0″ size=»bigger» target=»_blank» icon=»momizat-icon-pencil»]Motivation letter[/button]
[button color=»orange2″ link=»https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqd30j12iat0quv/AAASMnNxA1tknyAl63Y6emnOa?dl=0″ size=»bigger» target=»_blank» icon=»momizat-icon-file3″]Application form Building Bridges[/button]
All documents written in English you can attach below with subject: “EVS Arad Community Support. YOUR NAME. YOUR SURNAME” to asociacionbbARROBAgmail.com